Curry!!

Options
My boyfriend really loves curry and has them all the time! What is the best thing to order at a restaurant (as he doesn't want to home cook one tonight!) ??

The only problem is i cannot have dairy- so this is a big factor to consider! I usually stick to tomato based ones, but i wondered what is the healthiest tomatoey one to choose?? xx

Replies

• javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You need to get him onto Thai curry - I'm pretty sure they use coconut milk. :-)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Avoid creamy curries such as korma, passanda, masala and dhansak. Better choices are jalfrezi, madras, dupiaza and rogan josh. Try and leave some of the sauce that way you won’t be getting all the fat.

That's from http://www.running4women.com/eating-out-and-takeaways/. None of those last dishes seem to have cream or yoghurt in them.
  • afoshag
    afoshag Posts: 14
    Options
    Try looking up eggplant curry on the web. I have found some great eggplant currys on line that are tomato based. If you don't like eggplant you could substitute it with any lean protein or mix of veggies!
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I always go for tandoori chicken 350 cals. Each poppadum is 65.
  • Rhian_81
    Rhian_81 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You could go veggie, these tend to have less calories than meat dishes, if you get some pulses in you can get protein and fibre in one dish. I often order chana saag (chickpeas / spinach), or get something with lentils. Good for you and still yum. Avoid naan, and go for boiled rather than fried rice and it will be surprisingly low in calories. Tomato based dishes like Jalfrezi, Bhuna, are better than creamy ones.

I'm jealous, I love indian food. I do have a morrocan bean feast that I'm looking forward to tonight, so I shouldn't complain. Enjoy :smile:
  • Ganners
    Ganners Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks everyone very helpful suggestions!! yay :)

Enjoy your morrocan feast haha xx