Just Joined

Options
:glasses: Hi...just joined, but can tell this site is going to be a great help. My doctor sent me to a nutritionist about a month ago. All I got out of the meeting was the ADA booklet, to exercise 1st thing in the morning and to limit myself to 1200 calories per day. Somewhere along the way she forgot to tell me I should add back calories burned during exercise. For the past 3 weeks I have felt rotten and lightheaded. When I called her back and told her I was walking 30 minutes each morning before work and I had lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks, she told me that I had to do more cardio......I'm brisk walking and not strolling. I also found her required 80 ounces of water a day (my weight times .5 ounces) almost impossible for me. Yes, take to work 5 16 ounce bottles of water a day so I know how much I am drinking. After all this complaining, I appreciate finding a site which breaks down the nutrition value of the foods I'm eating and helps me keep up with the calories I am buring exercising. Have a good weekend.

Replies

• ek36
    ek36 Posts: 7
    Options
    :glasses: Hi...just joined, but can tell this site is going to be a great help. My doctor sent me to a nutritionist about a month ago. All I got out of the meeting was the ADA booklet, to exercise 1st thing in the morning and to limit myself to 1200 calories per day. Somewhere along the way she forgot to tell me I should add back calories burned during exercise. For the past 3 weeks I have felt rotten and lightheaded. When I called her back and told her I was walking 30 minutes each morning before work and I had lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks, she told me that I had to do more cardio......I'm brisk walking and not strolling. I also found her required 80 ounces of water a day (my weight times .5 ounces) almost impossible for me. Yes, take to work 5 16 ounce bottles of water a day so I know how much I am drinking. After all this complaining, I appreciate finding a site which breaks down the nutrition value of the foods I'm eating and helps me keep up with the calories I am buring exercising. Have a good weekend.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Ek, we're glad to have you. :bigsmile:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This site is very helpful. I never included my exercise calories and was feeling the same way. The people are very supportive and if you have any questions just ask, they are very smart too :laugh: :laugh: Speaking from a person that did not know anything about nutrition. :embarassed: