Hi, new here!

Options
Hello everyone, my name is kelli and I am new to MFP! I am looking to meet other people going through the same thing's I am. I am trying to get back into shape for my family and myself. I am looking to lose about 50 to 60lbs. I have had a hard time losing weight in the past but I am determined to make ti work this time, I am also trying to help my husband lose some weight and get into better shape for his health. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them.

Kelli

Replies

• SNorrisii
    SNorrisii Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome This site has been a God send for me and I have been able to stick to it unlike other diets out there! Add me as a friend if you want

Steve
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :flowerforyou:
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me to
  • caja03
    caja03 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too. A friend of mine told me about this website and from everything that I have read seems to be a great way for me to get started to healthy living. I went out today and bought healthy low calorie, low fat foods and fruit and veggies. I will keep everyone posted on my progress. Question: Is anyone taking diet supplements? If so, what seems to be the best?
  • katt2360
    katt2360 Posts: 12
    Options
    I started today also. Good luck and you can add me as a friend also. We can do this. :smile:
  • Hmocc
    Hmocc Posts: 9
    Options
    I would personally not recommend diet supplements, they might seem fabulous but it the long run it tears and wears on your body. The best way is to eat right, drink water and work out.
  • kellibean13
    kellibean13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome, fellow Kelli! I always get excited when I find other Kellis, lol! We are all here for the same reasons and to support each other in our journeys to better health. We can help keep you on the right path, but wanting it for yourself is the very best first step you can take! Look for my friend request... :)
  • KelliCast
    KelliCast Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your welcomes, I am so happy to have found a place to go for the help I need... I was just wondering I really dont like water but I always use crystal light packs, would that be considered drinking water or not?
  • ftoddw
    ftoddw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As far as tips go, this site really helps track healthy eating and exercise - with real time targets and constant goal reminders. So stay on top of what you eat - make it healthy, it's fuel - eat 5-6 small meals a day with healthy proteins, healthy carbs and healthy fats in each meal. Exercise as much as you can and keep logging iit into to MFP. Drink lots and lots and lots of water and make sure you log everything into MFP and you can see exactly how healthy you're eating and how much food and exercise you need each day.

This site has helped me immensely, i had no idea what I was stuffing into my mouth until i started keeping an accurate log, and seeing my progress helps motivate me to get up, get out, and exercise (swimming has been great - and I hate getting up early out of a warm bed and climbing into a cold pool ).

Good luck, and nice meeting you
  • SNorrisii
    SNorrisii Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks for all your welcomes, I am so happy to have found a place to go for the help I need... I was just wondering I really dont like water but I always use crystal light packs, would that be considered drinking water or not?

My understanding it is ok