What to do when you can't get your lazy backside up

Options
I started working from home in October 2009. I have gained 20 lb since...this is not fun. I am trying to stick to 1800 calories at the moment or at least I am trying not to go over 2000 calories. I don't do any exercise at the moment (apart from 1 hour netball once a week). I feel I am gaining more weight or at least not losing it as I used to. In the past I could get rid of 20 lb quickly just by eating better and cycling to work. But now I hardly leave the house. I walk as much as I can but I don't need to go anywhere often. I have a cross trainer at home but don't like it very much. In fact I feel darn lazy..I just can't get up and fond any joy in exercise although I know it would help me with my mood and my weight. It feels that I have to eat far less in order to loose anything. I am 5.5 ft and still below the amount of calories I could eat without gaining weight according to an online calculator (2406 calories for sitting most of the time). I am going crazy!! I really want to get rid of that weight! How can I motivate myself to do more exercise?? I am always too tired :-(

Replies

• Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Do you have any friends or family members who would be willing to workout with you? I always had the same problem (I wanted to workout, but I could never motivate myself to get off the couch to go). Then, my fiance and I joined a gym at the beginning of January, and we're still going! This is seriously the longest I have ever stuck to a workout program (I know, it's not that impressive, but for me, it's AMAZING)! He motivates me to go workout when I don't feel like it and I motivate him to go when he doesn't feel like it. I find that just going with another person is an amazing motivator for me.