Cleaning

Options
I see on here that you can count cleaning as exercise... one is light to moderate effort the other is heavy. What does everyone count as there cleaning? Laundry, scrubbing floors...etc? Just those I would see what everyone is counting and under which listing.

Replies

• Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I dont typically count cleaning as it is something that I would usually do regardless of my fitness goals. Unless it is mopping or something a little more strenuous. It just keeps me from thinking I have a bunch more calories I can eat.
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    when i clean my whole house vaccuming,sweeping,mopping,ect ect i count it (like when i do it for most of the day)I count it for about 90 mintues.....i feel like it is more than i would usually do so that's why i count it...seems to be working for me...
  • clarreb
    clarreb Posts: 18
    Options
    I count vacuuming, sweeping, mopping or even if I have lots of laundry & dishes & dusting, picking up toys but I try to make it feel like I am doing a mini workout as I clean, I usually count that as light to moderate. Hey if you are moving and burning calories, I figure I deserve to count it! lol
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Ok, I was just wondering cause I cleaned the stove today, doing about 4-5 loads of laundry, put dishes away.. Just was wondering if I should count that or not... I will prob scrub the floor later and vacuum but the hubby is sleeping now (he works overnights)
  • knmiller4life
    Options
    I did the same thing in counting cleaning today. I cleaned 3 bathrooms and a kitchen! I count it because it just motivates me more! Sure its not "real" exercise but it counts! Just like if I eat 10 pieces of candy they count!! In the end the little things add up :)

Your doing GREAT!! Keep it UP!
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    I typically don't count it unless (like today) I'm doing a whole house cleaning. Things like doing the dishes don't count but things like running the vacuum and sweeping and mopping do.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    The only time I counted it was when I moved and had to scrub down the entire vacant house I moved out of. I've found via my FitBit that I only burn 200-300 calories more for 3-4 hrs of intensive labor however. Not really worth getting excited about :tongue: