Logging roasted food

Options
Painten
Painten Posts: 499 Member
I've had a roast today and am struggling to log it. I roasted the chicken and roasted a couple of onions and potato's in the same oven tray with just the fat coming out of the chicken. I can't see anything to work out the calories.

On the data base raw chicken has less fat than roasted chicken is that just because that what happens when you roast a chicken or is it assuming you've put something on it?

Replies

• Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Bumping this in hopes someone can help. I don't want to have to miss logging every sunday and possibly going over my calories becuase i don't know how to work out the calories in the food.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'd choose something like "generic - roast chicken". And similar for the potatoes and onions (or look for "homemade - roast vegetables")

And don't stress out too much about the accuracy - everything you log is an estimate.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Just wing it! The more you stress, the less likely you'll stick with it in the future. I went to a buffet last night and just estimated (used quick cals!). Everything is really just a guess. Just do your best! :flowerforyou: