People watching

Options
There seem to be an upswing of these posts. I know people might think they are funny and humorous, but do you really think it is helpful?There are alot of people on this site who need to go the gym and now are dreading it becuase they don't want to be the butt of these posts?

I love to watch people. I find it facinating, but do you think this is the right place to post it.

If this was an AA forum you wouldn't come here posting about the stories you hear at your local AA meeting.

Just a thought.

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    ?????
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    No.. it's educational in a "what not to do" sense!
  • fat_badger
    fat_badger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I've felt so much more self conscious at the gym since reading those posts. :embarassed:
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    WHO CARES?!
  • jillleebean
    jillleebean Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.....what is the poster trying to say?
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I remember reading a post about a lady in spin class wearing a bikini and her vajayjay was showing...somehow I don't think that lady cares very much if shes talked about...

I see your point but anytime anyone leaves their home they run the risk of being judged or remarked on unfavorably. So I guess I just can't get upset over people posting gym horror stories.
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think the poster is saying that some of the "funny stories" about people watching at the gym can come off sounding a little bit mean and judgmental, which can make others a bit hesitant to go to the gym and risk being mocked behind their backs.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    All I was trying to say is there have been a number of people here who say they are too self consious to go to the gym because they dont' want to be made fun of.

I think these threads are adding to that.

I just don't think this is the best place for those threads.

Just my opinion.

I know people have to face it wherever they go in the world, but this is suppose to be a place to come for support and motivation. While these may seem humorous they are not very motivating.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think the poster is saying that some of the "funny stories" about people watching at the gym can come off sounding a little bit mean and judgmental, which can make others a bit hesitant to go to the gym and risk being mocked behind their backs.

That is exactly what I am saying.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Everywhere you go, someone is watching you. I know people probably talk about me at my gym. I'm a little weird - I wear a weight belt, left heavy weights, and grunt. Who cares? I find it amusing if I can brighten someone's day with my eccentricities.

People probably talk about me at the mall, or at work, or wherever. Doesn't stop me going there though. You can't avoid being noticed by people unless you never leave your house.