Anyone else doing the WII FIT to lose weight?

Options
I am on my 28th day of doing the WII Fit. I am loving it. I have lost 12.5 lbs so far and 4 inches from my waist. I am doing about 35-40 minutes of the aerobics. I was wondering what everyone else is doing and what results they are having. Some days I get on and gain anywhere from a half to a pound but the next day it will come back off and then some. I am doing the expert boxing 10 minutes the super hula hoop for 11 minutes 2 sets of the advanced step at 7 min each and then the short run. Should I be doing anything else at this point? I need to lose about 90 more pounds to be at my ideal weight so right now I think I need to focus on weight loss and not so much strength. I am having a hard time meeting my 1200 calorie goal though especially when it wants you to add your calcs back in from exercise. I never do that. I am averaging 1000 a day but feel plenty full and making good choices. I think anyway.

Replies

• traininglady911
    traininglady911 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just got my Wii Fit reconnected. My Granddaughter did something to it and the TV would no longer switch over to the Wii. It sounds like you are doing great. I have not exercised to date, but will get started now that the Wii is fixed.
  • shellyxxxxx
    shellyxxxxx Posts: 143
    Options
    i love the wii fit ,i do the free step using hand weights and also the advanced step im losing a steady pound a week and im happy with that plus its fun too so it dosent feel like im working out at all x
  • tonyaroseprewitt
    tonyaroseprewitt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great Idea with the hand weights. I never thought of that. I will give it a try.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You can get some risers to go on the step which will increase the calorie burn. I don't know how much more but it definately is harder work.

I love the freestep and use the risers for half an hour on that whle watching tv making sure i increase the tempo a couple of times too.
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    you can get specific weights that fit around the wii remote and nunchuck, they are great :smile:
  • shellyxxxxx
    Options
    You can get some risers to go on the step which will increase the calorie burn. I don't know how much more but it definately is harder work.

I love the freestep and use the risers for half an hour on that whle watching tv making sure i increase the tempo a couple of times too.
    i didnt know that may have to go invest in some as its my favourite workout x thanks x plus i always have it on increased tempo just to make sure i do my 6000 steps a day x
  • jadorex40x
    jadorex40x Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i love to dance so i ordered the just dance workout, hope it comes in the post tomorrow.....
  • shellyxxxxx
    Options
    i love to dance so i ordered the just dance workout, hope it comes in the post tomorrow.....
    i love both the just dance dvds they are great fun i usually do them with the kids on weekends have such a laugh trying to keep up lol x
  • tonyaroseprewitt
    tonyaroseprewitt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone this is very useful info. So what size hand weights do you recommend?
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    EA Sports Active is also great! It kicked my butt today!
  • I LOVE the Wii Fit Plus! I do it everyday for at least 30 mins besides myother workouts. I also love to tennis on Wii Sports. It's just awesome and it's def my fav workout ever! I agree working out on the Wii doesn't feel like working out a all although I do love the tingly feeling in my legs after 30 mins of free step on the max increased pace. I started again this week and can't believe why I haven't done it for a while. All I know is that I will keep using it now every single day!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone this is very useful info. So what size hand weights do you recommend?

Well you could just invest in a set like 3lb, 5lb and 8lb to start. It will really be up to you to determine which size weight you use (and you're going to have to use different weights for different exercises)! You want to be able to lift the weight till exhaustion. For example, if you are doing 12 bicep curls, the last 2 should be VERY hard to do. You can also go to a place like Gamestop and get the handweights that actually fit around the controllers. I don't have those and don't know much about them.