step on a scale

Options
I dont wanna step on a scale after the long weekend !

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    So don't? Maybe push it off a day or two. I weighed myself on Friday, and it now says that I'm up 5 pounds since then even though I've been under my calories...but way over on sodium. I am very salt sensitive, and you may be too. So, maybe watch that for a day, and weigh in the next day. Just a thought :)
    Good luck!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    DO IT! It will prevent a bad long-weekend from turning into a bad week, or a bad month, and un-doing your hard work! Drink lots of water today and get back to it tomorrow!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Just pick any day of the week (same day each week) as your weigh-in day. If you make it Mondays, maybe that'll help you eat better over the weekends..... or if you know that your cheat day will usually be on a weekend, maybe weigh in on Fridays....
  • Mom71
    Mom71 Posts: 24
    Options
    Then don't. I am not going to until I am ready, when I see a difference in my clothes but not until then because I have a fear of dissappointment. I am afraid if I don't see change I will give up. So leave that scale alone. It is O.K to wait.:noway:
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in on Mondays. This time I weighed in on Friday, and will again on Monday so I can see what the week end does to me. I can get a better handle on things if I can keep tabs on exactly what is going on.
  • Mom71
    Mom71 Posts: 24
    Options
    I agree
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I always heard it was best to weigh in on Wednesdays. Don't know where I heard it, but then it does kind of make sense so your body has time to even out from the weekend.

Just a thought...
  • gamizz
    gamizz Posts: 24
    Options
    oh my gosh ! I weigh in every morrning ! but I decided weigh in on Wednasday .
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    @ Mom71 I feel the same way! I started MFP about a week ago but I'm scared to weigh in. What if I haven't lost any weight? I was going to weigh in for the first time on Tuesday but I think I may push it another week. I don't want to be disappointed and quit :huh: