Incredible Shrinking Woman (pics!)

Options
Suedre
Suedre Posts: 435 Member
As of today, I officially reached what I thought my super-ultimate-wouldn’t-it-be-awesome-if-I-weighed weight. It took 50 weeks of ups and downs and serious dedication. Every minute is completely worth it. I love going to the gym, taking long runs, playing with kid, and generally doing things that people who fell well do. I don’t think I will lose much more than five or eight pounds from here, but I am going to concentrate on redistributing my weight from body fat to nice lean muscle. We’ll see, maybe in another two or three months I’ll have another “I did it post”! :)

Here are several photos I dug out that were taken over the last year in various states of loss:
ShrinkingMe.jpg

And here is today (can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!):
menow2.jpg
menow.jpg

Here’s my advice when people ask:
Yes, you can do it.
Yes, it is more diet than exercise.
You can only manage what you can control. Stick with a solid diet and exercise program and everything else will fall into place.
Yes, I eat cookies. Small indulgences are completely OK. As long as my decisions are 93% solid, I’m good.

A serious thank you to all my MFP buddies. I found this site in a slump around the middle of my journey and it’s really made a difference in my ability to stay on the straight and narrow. You all inspire me everyday!

Replies

• BassClarinetist
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look fantastic! Way to stick to it.

PS- your Velma costume is great!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, you look great!!! Keep up the great work :happy:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!! [=
  • jenuwine
    jenuwine Posts: 57
    Options
    Congrats and well done! amazing achievment. Thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • NoMoreThickyMickey
    NoMoreThickyMickey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    congratulations you look great...
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations on reaching your goal and sharing your success with us! I wish you the best of luck as you continue on this new healthy lifestyle.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    That's a great achievement. Not to contradict you, but some people, especially guys, may find it easier to exercise off the weight than to cut calories (it's all up to the individual). I will agree with you, though, that to keep the weight off, you must watch what you eat as it will slowly return (I can attest to both previous statements).
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS, you look great. I love this site, it helps to motivate and encourage me
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look great! Well done!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    WOW!!you look amazing!Congrats!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    wow! you have made such a wonderful change!
    congratulations!!
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    thats is OUTSTANDING!!! CONGRATS!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! I love these kind of posts :smile:
  • homemom05
    homemom05 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and you look fabulous!!!
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OK. I'm motivated. I couldn't have come across a better post right now. Congratulations and thank you :)
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome and such an inspiration to us that are still in the mode for losing...Thank you..I can't wait till I can post some then and now's...Congratulations....
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    You look fabulous! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are an inspiration to all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!