Insane Snack Alert! Insane Snack Alert!

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
Listen up, snack-chewers! We've got a crazy-amazing product find for you... About a week and a half ago, we started hearing from subscribers about 100-calorie Newtons Fruit Crisps. People were RAVING about them, so we ran out and scoured supermarket shelves for these things. OMG, they are INSANE!
We are singling them out and giving them their own story because, quite frankly, they deserve it. We say these Fruit Crisps are the most unique 100-calorie item we've seen in 2008 (okay, possibly EVER). And we LOVE them (almost too much!). Now for our description... Each pack contains TWO large, flakey, crispy, fruit-filled rectangles of deliciousness that taste like the love child of a McDonald's baked pie and a Pop-Tart.
Y-U-M! Both flavors -- Mixed Berry a nd Apple Cinnamon -- ROCK! Each 100-cal twin pack has just 2g fat and a POINTS® value of 2*. Run (don't walk, jog or skip) to your local market and buy them. And if you can't find these things, DEMAND them. Trust us on this one, PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Listen up, snack-chewers! We've got a crazy-amazing product find for you... About a week and a half ago, we started hearing from subscribers about 100-calorie Newtons Fruit Crisps. People were RAVING about them, so we ran out and scoured supermarket shelves for these things. OMG, they are INSANE!
    We are singling them out and giving them their own story because, quite frankly, they deserve it. We say these Fruit Crisps are the most unique 100-calorie item we've seen in 2008 (okay, possibly EVER). And we LOVE them (almost too much!). Now for our description... Each pack contains TWO large, flakey, crispy, fruit-filled rectangles of deliciousness that taste like the love child of a McDonald's baked pie and a Pop-Tart.
    Y-U-M! Both flavors -- Mixed Berry a nd Apple Cinnamon -- ROCK! Each 100-cal twin pack has just 2g fat and a POINTS® value of 2*. Run (don't walk, jog or skip) to your local market and buy them. And if you can't find these things, DEMAND them. Trust us on this one, PLEEEEEEEEEASE!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah--they rock!

I found them last week and have been using them for my snacks while bike riding--REALLLY GOOD! And, not bad as far as sodium, fat, etc.
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I found them and then started giving them to peole at work they are so good...lol
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Where can I find these?
    Are they located by the fig newton cookies or the 100 cal snack bars?

Thanks, kim
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I think I am officially the only one not entirely loving these. I don't care much for pop tarts and that is what they reminded me of but maybe a little crispier. They taste nothing like fig newtons.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I found them in the cookie aisle.

Pop-Tarts? I don't think they taste like Pop-Tarts at all. More like crispy apple pie!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Bought some apple ones today...they are good Even my hubby, who is a "trying to reform sugar addict" liked them. So if he can eat them and say "yum" then they MUST be good!

I will get the mixed berry ones next.