Any other frustrated beer drinkers out there? Where is the

Options
2»

Replies

• txgator
    txgator Posts: 65
    Options
    Skip a meal and drink a Guinness....Brilliant!
  • freebird240
    freebird240 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I realized the more i work out.. the more i been craving beer.... the good stuff not the ones that taste like piss water... but yeah hard to find calories but at the same time I don't wanna know or look to see how many calories I need to make up for....
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I estimate beer at about 150 calories. The thing with beer is that is has a bit of alcohol and a non-negligeble amount of carbs in it: http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm

Vodka and rum only have alcohol in it. Alcohol packs a lot of calories, but no carbs. the alcohol becomes the energy of choice for your body. Ifyou are running a calorie deficit in you daily diet, your body is burning stored fat for energy. Once you consume alcohol, this fat burning stops since your body has an abundance of energy to fuel from.

That`s the bad news. The good news is that the alcohol does not get converted into fat. Since you do have a huge amount of energy available form the alchol though, any food you eat will mostly be converted to fat.

I`m not sure how important this is for 1 or 2 drinks with a meal, but if you drink to get drunk, then have a blissfull late night meal, it will mostly be stored a fat.

Beer has alcohol and carbs, so by default you you will convert the alcohol into energy and the carbs into fat.

Studiesdue show that 1 or 2 drinks a day has multiple health benifits. Including extended life.

Dogfish head can run 300 calories per 12 ounce bottle or more. Depends.

SOOOOOO....

While this is good standard advice on alcohol and calorie content, this advice is basically inapplicable to good microbrews and ales.

What I do is try to find a close "equivalent" - couldn't find East-West Kolsch a couple weeks ago so used a similar brew. Couldn't find Thirsty Dog raspberry the other night so I used a raspberry ale. Similar composition, probably within 20-30 calories of actual.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism stops when you enter alcohol to your system.

False. Nothing "stops" metabolism short of death. Will copious amounts of alcohol slow down metabolism? Yes. One beer in a day won't kill you. Hell, several in one night won't hurt anything once in a while!