How should I know how many calories I just burned???

Options
So I decided to pull out the netflix card and see if there were any exercise videos. I found 10 Minute Solutions: Fat blasting Dance... or something like that. How the heck do I know how many calories that is??? Is it a guessing game? I found dancing: general and went with that for today. Didn't find the answer in a QUICK online search and that's really all the time I had for it... kids are in the tub.

Any help on a resource that breaks down how many calories burned doing exercise tapes? Like is there a listing somewhere that says if you do X mins of ____ tape/dvd you burn _____ calories???

I did find info that said the first 3 segments on this video were calorie burners and the last 2 more about toning muscle... but... i need a number for my diary!!

Sorry for they waa waa waa effect.... I know I over did it today with my brother's birthday dinner.... then i was proud for going and finding something to help me get off my butt... so its bummin me out that i isn't in the exercise tracker so i can record it properly... ya know?

Replies

• CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    you wont know for sure unless you wear a heart rate monitor.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Moniter
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    For tonight I would just log it as low-impact aerobics and don't re-eat the calories, incase they're off. It's probably not over 100...
  • Lizzgeorge77
    Lizzgeorge77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    There's no way to really know exactly how many calories you burned, especially when you take into account that your effort and intensity level can vary dramatically no matter what you're doing. Some exercises get so popular that averages are measured and published (like with Zumba or Jazzersize) but in both cases "dancing - general" also gives pretty much the same number. Just stick with that and you should be fine. If part of your video is toning though - like leg lifts or ab work - then that's going to burn a lot fewer calories than aerobics though and I'd account for that separately.