What HRM are you wearing?

Options
Hi There,

I have a quick question: I recently bought a HRM to track my calories as well as my heart rate and I don't think I purchased the right model for my body type. It is the SX Universal Combo and even on the last notch it was still too big. I am small boned so I was wondering if anyone can offer a suggestion as to a better model that is not too expensive. I will admit I may have gone a little too cheap ( I bought it at Walmart for under $70!) but I also am on a limited budget right now. I have checked out a few stores and can also go online but wanted feedback as to model types people on here are wearing and would recommend. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! '

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4, love it!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have two. Both have notches that all the way to the watch face. The cheaper one, (which is still not exactly cheap) is the Polar FT7. It's absolutely GREAT. I love it and don't have a bad thing to say about it. I also have the Garmin 210 which is more comfy, but much more expensive and has gps, which you probably aren't looking for.
  • formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    I bought a Sportline from Wal-Mart and had to return it. It was not good at all. I went and spent the extra money and got a Polar FT 7. That was a big purchase but so worth it.
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    I have small wrists as well. Last year I broke my wrist and I wore a kids brace they are so small. Last month I bought a Polar FT7 HRM on amazon.com for $109 its is awesome!!! My biggest fear would be it would be to big and bulky or not adjust to my wrist size. It has about 50 different notches on the band so I have no problem fitting it to my wrist and the watch itself isn't too big and bulky. I love mine!!
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and absolutely love it!!!:smile:
  • rachpiper720
    Options
    Bowflex....cheap, but it works well and came with a chest strap. It has definatley helped me lose weight because my calories burned are more accurate.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Garmin 305....only drawback is that it's an older model and doesn't tell cals burned when indoors since it can't get a gps signal. So I take an average of what my hr has been throughout workout and plug into a website that factors in weight, age, hr. But when I'm outside running, it's great! I'm sure it can do a lot more than what I use it for....just haven't read the manual.
  • catwoodard
    catwoodard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT7. It fits great and seems to be a much more accurate way to calculate exercise calories. It has really helped me.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 here. Love it, wish I'd bought it way sooner than I did.
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar RS300x A litte more spendy but has cool features that I love.

Have you tried taking yours to a jewelry or watch place to see if they can fix the strap to fit you better?
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! You guys are the best!

ChuckgM3--- I didn't take it to get sized. I actually just bought it yesterday and was unhappy with how it worked as well as the fit. I think I will check out the polar models!

thanks again!