Chicken recipes

Options
OK Iam looking for new recipes for boneless chicken breast. I love chicken and I know it is much more healthy than red meat, and since I do not like fish I eat a lot of chicken. So anything you have to share would be great.

Thank you

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    There are tons of similar threads in the recipes section, but here's a new one I made tonight.

Lipton Crock pot chicken

ingredients:
    3 lbs chicken breast
    2 bell peppers, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    2 packages of Lipton herb and garlic soup mix (1 box)
    2 cups water

Fry the onion a little if you wish to get rid of the "onion" taste. Mix all ingredients in crock pot, cook 6-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. You can serve over rice, or lazy like me, mix in 2 cups of rice about 30 minutes before you serve. Even with the rice, it came out under 200 calories.
  • tkokid
    tkokid Posts: 4
    Options
    We are on the 17 day diet. One of the recipes calls for Barbecue Chicken. The Barbecue sauce is nothing short of amazing and extremely low-fat.

2/3 cup reduced sugar ketchup
    2 table spoons Worcestershire
    1 table spoon agave nectar
    2 teaspoons chili powder

Give it a try...It has an amazing flavor.
  • reinergirl
    Options
    bump that recipe in the crock pot sounds awesome!! :)
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Key West Chicken

Ingredients

* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
    * 1 tablespoon honey
    * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    * 1 teaspoon lime juice
    * 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
    * 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

1. In a shallow container, blend soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic. Place chicken breast halves into the mixture, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
    2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
    3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade, and grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.

I do step 1 in the directions, but grill it on my George Foreman grill. I find it's best if you marinate it at least overnight. I also use olive oil instead of vegetable oil.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    thanks! what can i substitute agave nectar with? equal?

Barbeque sauce would be awesome!
  • chopper91
    chopper91 Posts: 47
    Options
    thank I am going to try some of these this coming up week...keep them coming...lol
  • tkokid
    tkokid Posts: 4
    Options
    Not sure what you could substitue the agave nectar with....sorry. I tasted it straight out of the bottle and it is EXTREMELY sweet. Most grocery stores carry the agave. It is in the baking isle of wallmart and krogers. Runs about 3.00 a bottle and looks almost like a honey bottle. I don't think that the equal would have the same taste but you can try it.
  • melissapoulin
    Options
    bump
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    Chicken is so versatile you can do almost anything with it and it'll turn out great :)

Curries, casseroles, or just throw it in an oven and roast it with your choice of herbs, spices, lemon juice, garlic, peppers, onions, whatever you like.

A few of my favourties are:

Roasted:
    Lemon & Garlic

Grilled:
    Homemade chicken shish (marinaded in low fat natural yoghurt, curry powder/garam masala & asian spice mix then grilled)

Slow cook:
    Chicken with onions, peppers, tinned tomatoes & chicken stock.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    bump! Coming back later to check out these recipes!
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump! Can't wait to check back later.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TanyaLee122175
    TanyaLee122175 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Easy Honey Mustard Mozzarella Chicken
    Yields: 4 servings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    3/4 cup honey
    1/2 cup prepared mustard
    lemon pepper to taste
    4 slices extra lean bacon, cut in half
    1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place the chicken breast halves in a baking dish, and drizzle evenly with honey and mustard. Sprinkle with lemon pepper. Bake chicken 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Top each breast half with 2 bacon slice halves, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Continue baking 10 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear, bacon is crisp, and cheese is bubbly.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Smokey Crockpot Chicken Dinner-
    Smoked paprika gives the chicken a delicious, smoky flavor. This is an easy one-pot meal to prepare for the slow cooker.

Ingredients:
    4 boneless chicken breast halves
    2 pounds small white potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
    2 medium carrots, cut in chunks
    1 medium onion, cut in thin wedges
    1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
    2 tablespoons Spanish smoked paprika
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon honey
    Dash salt
    Dash cumin

Preparation:
    Wash chicken and pat dry. Combine potatoes, carrots, and onion wedges in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker with parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter; toss.
    Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter with the smoked paprika, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, and dash of salt and dash of cumin. Rub chicken breasts with the paprika mixture; arrange on vegetables.
    Cover and cook on Low for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
    Serves 4.
  • beckysuehuet
    Options
    I just made a great chicken dish. I sauteed the chicken breast in chicken broth and threw in artichokes, asparagus, garlic and roasted red peppers. I topped it with some balsalmic vinegar.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
    from Kraft Food & Family

1/4 cup KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
    4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
    1 medium tomato, finely chopped
    1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
    1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves

PLACE large sheet of heavy-duty foil over half of grill grate; preheat grill to medium heat. Pour 2 Tbsp. of the dressing over chicken in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with the dressing. Refrigerate 10 min. to marinate. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade. GRILL chicken on uncovered side of grill 6 min. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, cheese, basil and remaining 2 Tbsp. dressing. TURN chicken over; place, cooked-side up, on foil on grill. Top evenly with tomato mixture. Close lid. Grill an additional 8 min. or until chicken
    is cooked through (170ºF).
  • mjclefebvre
    Options
    Black Bean Chicken - this one is a favourite!

- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    - 1 can of black beans
    - 1 can of salsa
    - 1 can of reduced sodium corn niblets
    - cumin (I never measure)
    - any other spice that spikes your fancy

Add them all together either in the crock pot on low for 8 hours, or in the oven at 425 (F) for approximately 1 hour. Enjoy!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    SHOYU CHICKEN (Soy Sauce Chicken)

1 cup soy sauce
    1 cup pineapple juice
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    2 teas. wine
    1 piece ginger (crushed)
    2 large cloves of garlic (mashed)
    3 pounds - skinless chicken thighs - cut in half or thirds (boneless)

Mix above ingredients well, add chicken. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer. Cook slowly until chicken is TENDER.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Vanilla Balsamic Chicken---
    Via: Cooking Light

1/2 c Chicken Broth
    1/2 c Balsamic Vinegar
    1/4 c Shallots, finely chopped
    1/4 c Brown Sugar, packed
    1/4 tsp Fresh orange rind, grated
    1/4 c Fresh orange juice
    1 (2in) piece Vanilla bean, split lengthwise
    3/4 tsp Salt, divided
    16 (2lbs) Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
    Cooking Spray
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    Orange rind strips, opt.

---Preheat oven to 450. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean; stir seeds.into broth and reserve bean for another use. Brinh broth to a boil, reduce heat and simmrr until reduced to 1/2c, about 20min. Stir in 1/4 tsp salt into broth. Arrange chicken in a single layer on the bottom of a coated roasting pan. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Bake for 10min. Remove from oven and brush 1/2 of the broth over chicken; bake 5 min. Remove and brush with remaining broth; bake 15 min or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with rind.