Anyone use the Firm?

Options
I bought the firm 3 years ago after my son was born, and haven't really used it. I tried dvds back then, but never stuck with it. (not good at following videos well) but I do use the weights when walking.

Recently, I have been walking/running on breaks at work. the elliptical, and the wii shape. but I really need to kick this up a notch. I haven't lost any weight in 2 months.

My question is, has anyone else used the firm? Do you like it? and what results do you have? or should I consider buying P90x or 30 day shred. I hear good reviews on them, but since I"m not good at following videos and heard those are really tough, not sure if good option for me yet. I want to lose weight before I get toned. if that makes any sense. I still have a jiggly belly from having kids.

Thanks for any imput!

Replies

• krise31
    krise31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Umm a few years ago I did the Firm with the Fanny lifter program and it really worked. The only thing about their programs is they are long; almost an hour each. I started Power90 last week and I love it. Its way better than the firm and not as long. I feel its more effective and I'm working muscles I didnt even know I had lol When I finish Power90 I'm going to go right into p90x.
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I never tried the firm or p90x but i have done 30 day shred and most jillian michaels dvd and love it. its a quick workout and i toned up with it.
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    I did the Firm Wave on and off for about a year. I really wasn't impressed with it. I thought one of the instructors on the DVD was kind of annoying.

Right now, I've been doing a combination of Zumba, weights, and cardio machines at the gym (for the time being). Once the weather gets to be a lot nicer (and with a lot less snow and ice on the ground), I'll be outside walking and running more.
  • firmbug
    firmbug Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I LOVE The Firm...hence my user name...Firmbug. I started using these workouts in the late 80's and got so fit it was unbelievable, since then I've added to my collection and still enjoy them and still do those old 80's workout...The classics as Firm Believers call them. When I first started, I used 3-5 pounds, and with in month was increasing my weights and my muscle tone to boot. They are also super fun and I don't seem to get bored with them like I do with some other workout DVD's I've done.

Work up slowly, in no time you will be super fit. Another tip, only do about half the reps of each exercise your first week or two, you will be glad that you did, these workouts seriously burn you out and I have stepped in full force after doing other workout programs (like right now I'm doing the chalean extreme, but I always stick with and go back to the Firm, I like to rotate my workouts to keep my body guessing) when I get back into the firm workouts I am super sore where it's hard to sit down because of the muscle fatigue.

I totally stand by my Firm DVD's. My sister and I went to Columbia SC to see the Firm studio and we got to meet all the instructors, they took us around the studio and they showed us where they tape the videos and all the props and stuff were in there, they were really nice, and we even did a class with them. That was a good time!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the imput. I think I might give the firm another try, since its just collecting dust. and then if I'm not really into it, get something else.