Funny Obit

Options
Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
I saw this today in the Cincinnati Enquire. Got a good chuckle out of it.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cincinnati/obituary.aspx?n=nancy-grace-huebener-voegeli&pid=149090842

All I can say is "Loving Husband" my @$$!

Replies

• Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    Donating ones body to science may be a noble act. Whoever wrote the obit was an *kitten*.

Just sayin'
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Perhaps she wrote her own obituary. Could be that she had a terminal illness and discussed her desires with her family ahead of time regarding what happened when she passed away. Some people don't want to burden their families with the cost of burial along with all the other issues they have to deal with once their loved one passes away.

Just saying.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Perhaps she wrote her own obituary. Could be that she had a terminal illness and discussed her desires with her family ahead of time regarding what happened when she passed away. Some people don't want to burden their families with the cost of burial along with all the other issues they have to deal with once their loved one passes away.

Just saying.

I understand donating your body and keeping cost down but that was a very crass way to word it.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Just saying.

I understand donating your body and keeping cost down but that was a very crass way to word it.

Which is why I'm thinking that she wrote it herself. Some people have a very odd sense of humor. I guess growing up in my family and how we talk about death and stuff is different than other people but honestly it sounds like something someone in my family would do just for giggles
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Plus, it's seriously difficult to write an obituary for someone you love. Especially when they die young and unexpectedly. In hindsight, I wish I'd taken another day to write my moms.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Plus, it's seriously difficult to write an obituary for someone you love. Especially when they die young and unexpectedly. In hindsight, I wish I'd taken another day to write my moms.

Obits have become very bland and just a list of facts instead of telling a little about the persons life. Part of this is due to the unbeleivable cost of obits. Yesterday I bought a 1967 newspaper from an estate sale. I got a kick out of the price of things and the classifieds. Ads were much more wordy and the obits were very different from todays version. Isn't it interesting how much we've changed in such a short period of time?
  • Breckgirl
    Options

Just saying.

Which is why I'm thinking that she wrote it herself. Some people have a very odd sense of humor. I guess growing up in my family and how we talk about death and stuff is different than other people but honestly it sounds like something someone in my family would do just for giggles

I know, I too have that strange sense humor when it comes to death. I have threatened to put the following on my gravestone...

Here lies DeAnn
    She never met a recipe, and house, or a man she couldn't improve upon.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: My son knows I want daisies planted on my grave so people can say she's pushing up daisies. :bigsmile:
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: My son knows I want daisies planted on my grave so people can say she's pushing up daisies. :bigsmile:

I like that! Not to self, add daisies.
  • lazyfx
    Options
    She was my friend with lung cancer. A retired police officer. Her husband loved her much and I would have to bet Nancy wrote her own obits.