I am lacking motivation and I don't know what to do anymore

Options
I joined WW a couple of years ago and got to my goal (lost 30 pounds) and started working for WW. I am a WW leader and ironically it's been much harder for me to maintain my weight loss now that I work for WW since my schedule is very hectic and don't have the time I used to, to go to the gym. I used to work out 7 days a week. Now, I am lucky if I can work out 4 times a week. My other problem is that since the new program, I have slowly put on some of the weight I had lost. I have gained at least 12 lbs back and I don't want to continue to do that. I tried the Points Plus using the points system, then switched to simply filling since the points plus wasn't doing it for me. But for some reason I keep losing and regaining 5lbs. I can't seem to drop and keep it off. I signed on to my fitness pal. and the same thing, I start off well calculating my calories and do fine during the week and am able to lose a pound or 2 during the week but when the weekend comes, I lose motivation and since my husband is not on any diet, he always wants either to eat out or order in on weekends.

I need some motivation and encouragement. I really want to drop the 12lbs I have gained, not much but it seems like I'm not able to lose the weight again. Please help!!!

Replies

• CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What made you want to lose that 30 lbs before?

Every time I start to lose motivation, I look at the clothes I want to buy or remember the day I left a kids amusement park crying because I BARELY fit in the teacup with my son and it gets me thinking. What will my son be put through the rest of his life if I dont lose this. Picked on for having a fat mom, me having to take my own car on field trips because I wont fit on the school bus. Not being able to have lunch with my son at school because I wont fit at the lunch table.It all adds up and keeps pushing me.Think back on what started you.I can tell you that focusing on counting calories and sugars and sodium I ended up gaining 2 1/2 lbs back. I relax and eat when hungry but eat smaller portions and I dropped the weight. So who knows. Everyone is different. I hope this helps.
  • Artemis_Blooms
    Options
    If it is at all possible to get your husband on board, please do so! Does he know that by having a careless weekend it sabotages your goals? He probably does not do this maliciously. I would maybe focus on making weekend foods, maybe inviting friends over and get hubby in to the kitchen to make some tasty low cal treats! (And he'll be healthier without realizing it!) You can always hit him with the "take out is costly" and so on inducement, but I would definitely communicate with him about your needs. Support is SO key on staying on track!

I'm a little like Celeste down there. I don 't have children, but everytime I want to fall off of the wagon hard core, I think about all of the hard work I've put in, and I'm not giving up now.

You can do this!!! Weight loss is tough, but I think it can be fun! (I want to get a kinect for my Xbox so I can dance some fat off! Wii Fit is another game system people can dig, and you can play with friends and hubby!)

I hope my advice is helpful as well! Good luck my dear! :)
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I recommend planning your weekend meals in advance and letting your husband choose whether to join you or get his own food. Since you are in the "last 20 lbs" category, you have a couple of things going against you: 1) it's tough to lose those last few pounds and it will take time and focus to do it, and 2) you probably don't "look like you're overweight" and so others (like your husband) are thinking that losing weight does not need to be a priority for you. However only YOU can decide what is a priority for you.
  • dlynn08
    dlynn08 Posts: 57
    Options
    I think you need to get your husband on board too. It will be impossible for you to keep going if you don't have that support from him. You don't have to eat "diet" food, just make smarter choices about what you are eating and limit your portions.
  • theidarisafa
    Options
    Stress can make you put on weight and make it much harder to lose weight.

It sounds like you're stressed.

Don't stress out so much. It tells your body that you're under "stress" and under stress it tries to survive and weight loss will not happen.

When I quit a stressful job I dropped 30lbs easily.

Exercerise can help with losing weight and with stress.

You really need to see the world as a wonderful place. Take joy in the simple things. Feed your body good food, treat it like the temple that it is.

exercise.

Get lots of sleep. Not getting enough sleep can also throw your body into "survivial" mode which can weight gain or stop the loss of weight.
  • liznlu
    liznlu Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response. Well the reason I wanted to lose the weight was because that was weight I had gained with the pregnancy of my youngest daughter. I used to look at a closet full of clothes that didn't fit me and I wanted to get back to being a size 8. I was able to actually fit into a 6 when all was said and done. I wore my favorite pair of pants today (size 6) and guess what? as I bent down to tie my daughters shoes, the inseam of my pants ripped. Now I know that I need to get back to losing this weight because I am busting out of my clothes and I don't want to throw away all the hard work I put into losing this weight.

So you say you don't count your calories? You only eat when you are hungry? How do you keep track of how many calories you consume? you have done a pretty good job by the way! Congrats!
  • helluva4
    helluva4 Posts: 51
    Options
    Wow, being that you work for WW it should be simple for you. Now I'm having second thoughts of joining. I was going to sign up this week. if you're not having any success, then I guess I won't either. Good Luck to you in your weight lost journey. Maybe you're not eating enough or maybe switch your workout. Ditto what the last post stated as well.