Thanksgiving Challenge - Fitness Check in ~November 15

Options
NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Good morning! Where is the year going?! We are half way through NOVEMBER! Wow! Time sure does fly! Just think - when it comes time to make New Years Resolutions we won't have to say we will *start* a healthier lifestyle this year. We are already doing it. And, doing it well, I'd have to say from everyone's updates on their exercising! Way to go!

So, for yesterday I took my boys to this indoor play place. We were there for 5 hours and were on our feet for most of it - I was pushing 1 in the stoller. Then I met my husband at the mall as I needed to pick up a few things and walked for awhile there pushing both boys in the double stroller. No idea how long I was walking total yesterday but by the time I got home my ankle let me know it might have been a bit much. Anyway, so that was my exercise for yesterday! I've got to get in something GOOD tonight as I REALLY, REALLY want to hit my 10% weight loss tomorrow. Wish me luck!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

ps Ileana - Thanks for the tips. That's what I try to do sometimes but my 11 month old gets stepped on when he crawls around where I'm exercising. My almost 3 year old thinks that I'm making his own personal tunnel everytime I do anything with my legs apart... Uugh. That's why I usually get my exercising in at night after the baby goes to bed. Then I only have the older one to exercise around. I'll get it in, even if it takes some creative scheduling. And, as they get a little older maybe they will enjoy doing it with me, too.

Mary - I will look up the exercises you referenced. At least if I had something on paper I could do them whenever. Thanks!

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Where is the year going?! We are half way through NOVEMBER! Wow! Time sure does fly! Just think - when it comes time to make New Years Resolutions we won't have to say we will *start* a healthier lifestyle this year. We are already doing it. And, doing it well, I'd have to say from everyone's updates on their exercising! Way to go!

So, for yesterday I took my boys to this indoor play place. We were there for 5 hours and were on our feet for most of it - I was pushing 1 in the stoller. Then I met my husband at the mall as I needed to pick up a few things and walked for awhile there pushing both boys in the double stroller. No idea how long I was walking total yesterday but by the time I got home my ankle let me know it might have been a bit much. Anyway, so that was my exercise for yesterday! I've got to get in something GOOD tonight as I REALLY, REALLY want to hit my 10% weight loss tomorrow. Wish me luck!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole

ps Ileana - Thanks for the tips. That's what I try to do sometimes but my 11 month old gets stepped on when he crawls around where I'm exercising. My almost 3 year old thinks that I'm making his own personal tunnel everytime I do anything with my legs apart... Uugh. That's why I usually get my exercising in at night after the baby goes to bed. Then I only have the older one to exercise around. I'll get it in, even if it takes some creative scheduling. And, as they get a little older maybe they will enjoy doing it with me, too.

Mary - I will look up the exercises you referenced. At least if I had something on paper I could do them whenever. Thanks!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did 50 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes of yoga.
    Then, well, it's pecan harvest time. Last night I made cinnamon pecans for my relatives - probably at 30 of them. Went a bit over, a large bit over, on the calories. Today will be better.

Nicole, you could always get a pedometer, then you would know how far you walked. I've been wearing one for over 2 years. My record is 29,000 steps in one day (that about 14 miles).

Cool weather has arrived in Texas! Well, just for today. Someday I would like a Thanksgiving in which people are not wearing shorts. Going to Colorado for Christmas, so I'll get more than enough cold weather then!

BTW, I've made my goal of 165 a week early. I'm becoming a believer in interval training and heart rate increasing exercise.
  • MsSandyE28
    MsSandyE28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm failing miserably! I stopped counting calories too!! NOOOO. This is bad, really bad! I will go back ASAP.

One thing that will change tomorrow, I'm hitting the gym BEFORE work! I can't do this afterwork, ugh.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    60 minutes of yoga...and a short 30 minute walk before the rain came.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sarah, I definitely track my walk with the dog. He's a high energy large poodle so it makes for a good fast walk. lol Your doggy is very cute!
  • mamatusa
    Options
    morning all!

15 minutes on the treadmill and 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Have a great day!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Great workout day for me today! I did a 45 minute run/strength train sequence, then an hour spin class and then a 60 min yoga class! I'm feeling really great about that. I'm nervous about my food tonight, though... my hubby has a work dinner and whenever that happens I find myself mindlessly munching away watching TV. I'm fighting the urge!!!