OT: OMG SO SCARY! PRAYERS NEEDED!!!

Options
Oh my gosh. I cannot believe this is happening!!! I left for a bike ride (I was gone 2.5 hours, went 30 miles) and while I was gone, MY NEIGHBOR GIRL DIED IN MY DRIVEWAY! She was trying to learn how to ride a motorcycle and we live on a very not busy street, so they let her play around with it. She was starting to pick up speed, and she started to lose control, and then from what they can tell, she screwed up the throttle/clutch and she went up the grass next to my driveway and crashed into the side of my parents' jeep so hard the jeep came up and landed on top of her!!! They took her to the hospital but they said they really do not believe she's going to make it. My parents were home and they thought somehow had hit me on my way back home! Her blood is all over the driveway, her motorcycle and my parents' jeep are both totaled and she is probably going to die! All she was doing was trying to learn! Oh my gosh. I just cannot really process that this all happened while I was gone! Oh my gosh.

Replies

• jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. I cannot believe this is happening!!! I left for a bike ride (I was gone 2.5 hours, went 30 miles) and while I was gone, MY NEIGHBOR GIRL DIED IN MY DRIVEWAY! She was trying to learn how to ride a motorcycle and we live on a very not busy street, so they let her play around with it. She was starting to pick up speed, and she started to lose control, and then from what they can tell, she screwed up the throttle/clutch and she went up the grass next to my driveway and crashed into the side of my parents' jeep so hard the jeep came up and landed on top of her!!! They took her to the hospital but they said they really do not believe she's going to make it. My parents were home and they thought somehow had hit me on my way back home! Her blood is all over the driveway, her motorcycle and my parents' jeep are both totaled and she is probably going to die! All she was doing was trying to learn! Oh my gosh. I just cannot really process that this all happened while I was gone! Oh my gosh.
  • aladuke26
    aladuke26 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooo sorry to hear that. It is just horrible. I will definitely keep her in my prayers.

Andrea
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Wow, how horrilbe!!

Many thoughts and prayers to you and your family, and to her and her family as well:heart:
  • nmonkey
    nmonkey Posts: 66
    Options
    That is crazy! It's scary how quickly life can change!! How old was she? Everyone is in my prayers.
  • jill927
    Options
    She was about 23, and her boyfriend was trying to teach her how to ride his motorcycle. She just lost control and was going too fast! He was chasing her down the street screaming for her to pull in the clutch and stop, and she just panicked or something. I feel so so so bad for HIM! He watched it happen and couldn't help her at all, and then the truck landed on top of her and he couldnt do anything then either, he had to wait with her until EMS got there! holy crap.
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is so very scary. I will certainly keep you, your family and her and her family in prayer. Please update me if you think about it.
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.... :heart:
  • jdk34951
    jdk34951 Posts: 18
    Options
    My prayers are with you & your family
  • nmonkey
    nmonkey Posts: 66
    Options
    Please keep us updated on how everyone is doing.
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    So sorry to hear about a true tragedy. I will be thinking of you, your parents, your neighbor, her b/f, her family and friends. My heart hurts for everyone who is affected.
  • Carol123
    Carol123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i am so sorry to hear your news, i will keep you and her family in all my prayers..
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    oh my god scary alright my thoughts are with you all at this time i cant imagine what it must be like. so easy to happen i remember when i was learning to ride my bike and i was 14 luckily was in our back yard and all i hit was the garage.

keep us updated please
  • momou18
    momou18 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am so sorry! That is devasting for all of you involved! I will say a prayer for all of you.
  • jill927
    Options
    We just heard. She was officially declared dead upon arrival at the hospital. : /

Apparently her boyfriend had been trying all day to fix the bike, and she was test driving it to see if it was working. They think there may have been a mechanical problem with the bike, causing the accident.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh... that is so terrible. Life is so fleeting. I feel just so sad for her family, your family and the lose of a young life.

Prayers are with you... please -- take care of yourself and your family, this is such a tragedy.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    That is a horrible situation--my prayers are with you and your family and the girl.
  • jill927
    Options
    :( I just wish all the state patrol cops would leave, it's really started to make me uncomfortable having 4-5 cops milling around my yard literally 24/7...

plus, I just found out that yesterday afternoon before the accident, her boyfriend had proposed. They were going to be getting married this winter. : ' (
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    That is SO awful :sad: what a sad thing to happen to the family. My prayers are with them.:heart:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    :( I just wish all the state patrol cops would leave, it's really started to make me uncomfortable having 4-5 cops milling around my yard literally 24/7...

plus, I just found out that yesterday afternoon before the accident, her boyfriend had proposed. They were going to be getting married this winter. : ' (

Hide the weed!!!

Super-Troopers.jpg
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    And now after my moment of levity....

It's a terrible thing to hear for sure, just make sure you are there for them long after the officers leave your yard....:cry: