Measurments

carolineeffler
carolineeffler Posts: 14
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
how do i measure my self accuralty? If you can help please do im also looking for new friends :)

Replies

• menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    I just my tape measure from my sewing kit and measure the relaxed length of whatever part I'm measuring. Relaxed means not squeezing out flesh but the tape is flush up against my skin. I measure waist, hip, thigh and calf. I measure all of that while standing up (or bent over, just not sitting down). I think you just need to be consistent in the way you do it so you can compare and see changes. I don't think there's one right way.
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Well, I can tell you, your "waist" isn't the same as your belly. :) I was measuring my waist around my love handles below my belly button (it was my biggest around other than my hips). Turns out your waist is where you crease when you bend sideways. It's usually your smallest spot (especially if you're an hourglass figure). Measure after an exhale, and don't suck it in. This will only cheat you out of an accurate progress ticker.

Your hips are generally measured at your biggest point on your legs. For the thigh, I always measure about 3" below where my leg meets my pelvis, because my thighs flare out a bit there.

Chest you want to measure right under your armpits, after you exhale.

Bicep you want to measure when your arm is relaxed against your side. I always measure about 2" under the armpit.

As long as you measure in the same spot each time, then the important thing is to see the difference between measurements, not to get the actual numbers. So, just be consistent.
This discussion has been closed.