For Women... How Reduce Bouncing!

Options
2»

Replies

• ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    I just discovered that an older (and smaller sports bra) worked better than my normal sized sports bra.. it was a much tighter fit (still could breathe but tight) ... nothing bounced!!!

Its been recommended (I asked a while ago on here too :) ) - to find a sports bra that has an additional tight covering over the bra ... better snugger fit!

Good luck!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Why am I reading this thread! Criminy.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Go to www.title nine.com. They rate their sports bras based on support and are very favorably reviewed....
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Definitely Enell sports bra! THEEE best!
  • Selaen
    Selaen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As a nice 36 E/F, it can be a bit difficult to find bras in my size. However I tend to go for a size smaller - one that doesn't squeeze the puppies to death but tightens then up nicely.

I also never go for anything lower than 'high impact', no matter what I'm doing.

The already mentioned M&S own brand is great, as are Shock Absorbers. (my choice 90% of the time) Besides, my SA bra has nice loops to put my HRM strap through. :)
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    A little update for UK ladies,

I managed to purchase a sports bra for my chunky monkeys last night from Bravissimo.
    They now have a sports bra up to K size in 36 back
    highest back size they do in 40 and in that largest cup size is J

£30 well spent, I managed to do the jumping jacks on 30day shred which were impossible the night before!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    So I found tonight that if I wear a sports bra over a normal bra, that it reduces bouncing a lot! Has anyone else found a way to reduce bouncing?

LOL this is exactly what I have been doing in the gym since I had a baby! They need STRAPPING UP! Definitely wearing a tight top to work out in helps as well.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hahaha aren't google adds clever! As we speak, there's a Figleaves.com ad on my screen.

I (Ireland) usually buy from figleaves or bravissimo. Will be reading this thread for some advice also, I was a cup G up until now, but they've shrunk (yay), need to get myself measured first and then I'll be ordering a good sports bra myself
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    thank you must get wee run to m&s
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    aha!! I am a 32 GG and I don't run because it nearly kills me to!

I will try bravissimo and M&S shockabsorber.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I've just gone onto Less Bounce and ordered a Freya Underwire Sports bra - there seem to be really good reviews from all sorts of sized ladies, so am hoping it will do the job for my (currently) 38E girlies!!!

I have never yet found a sports bra that stops bouncing so I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed that finally this will be the one! :smile:
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Just back from M&S to try their sports bra and although the size is perfect (YES, I've gone down from 36G to 34F!!), I don't like how they don't separate your breasts IYKWIM, I don't want a "sweaty cleavage", so didn't get them.
  • BSheff11
    BSheff11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This has been a life long problem for me too! I fix it by doing what most of you do: regular bra + sports bra + exercise top. My problem is that it looks like I have a "uni-boob." I hate that!

Sorry, no real suggestions, just a vent. It's nice to talk to people that have similar issues (instead of hearing "I wish I had that problem" from friends regarding bathing suits, shirts, bra, etc)
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Meh. Just found out my Freya is out of stock for 7-10 days, so I will just have to keep doing one-armed jumping jacks/skip rope with the other arm across my chest to keep things in place LOL.
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    For all you UK lasses - sweaty betty are pretty fab!