Hi! I'm new here..

Options
zenfocus
zenfocus Posts: 106 Member
Hello! Long story short: weight has always been a struggle for me. When I was 17 I lost 40 pounds... fast forward two years later and I gained it all back from a serious back injury. So here I am trying to lose it again! I've lost 20 pounds so far... 20 more to go!

I joined weight watchers to lose the first 20 pounds but the last year I've been at a steady weight plateau that I don't want to be on. So now I'm trying fitnesspal. :) I know I can lose the rest of the weight. I've done it before and I can do it again. This time I'm having so much trouble though with food cravings and feeling hungry all the time. I'm eating 1400 calories a day and it just seems like not enough. It should be though because I'm only 5'4" lol. Any suggestions?

Replies

• bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    welcome! it's a fabulous site...if you input your goals and current weight, etc., it will let you know how many daily calories you should eat...good luck! You can do it!!
  • zenfocus
    Options
    Thank you for the support. :) It is much needed right now on my weight plateau lol.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats on your weight loss soo far.. 1400cals is what you wat.. how many are you burning from exercise?
  • zenfocus
    Options
    Thank you. Sadly I am doing minimal exercise right now. I try to walk at a rapid pace several times a week. Because I've been injured I have to start getting back into exercise very slowly.. it's frustrating lol. I haven't been able to lift more than 10 pounds or bike ride or run or swim for a whole year! I'm sooooo ready to be able to do all the stuff I used to be able to do again!! Super stoked to be getting my life back!
  • sandram82
    Options
    Thats ok.. slow and steady.. you will get back there some day!! I was only wondering if your eating back your calories burned?
    For me, I eat 1200 cals a day, if i exercise 500 cals.. than I can now eat 1700.. although I usually dont eat them all back!!
  • zenfocus
    Options
    That's wonderful. :) Plus when you're active I think it also boosts your metabolism for the whole day too. I could be eating 1200 probably but I think on the option button I opted for the slower weight loss. I might decide to up it later if it feels right.
  • sandram82
    Options
    Take things at your own pace.. you def dont wanna get hurt again!! Best of luck on your journey!
  • ashley4968
    Options
    Hey! I've always struggled with my weight as well. In high school I also dropped 40 pounds just to gain it back after graduating and getting a desk job. Congrats on your weight loss through weight watchers and good luck with getting to your goal!!
  • zenfocus
    Options
    Thank you much! It's hard work but I'm getting there.