Here I am! -- A Newbie

princesscarol
princesscarol Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I'm new to the board and excited to have found this site. It appears to be a simple way to track all those things that need tracking. I'm on the path to gastric bypass surgery. My insurance (Kaiser) has members in this program do a ton of pre-surgery preparation, which I'm grateful for. Obviously, for many of us, there are things hiding beneath the pounds, if you know what I mean. Simply making a tummy teenie won't have lasting results without the same life changes that any person seeking to lose weight must make. In other words, it's still work! My medical issues have increased to the point that I have chosen to include surgery in my process. One thing that I'm very, very clear about is that this is no magic cure all. I have a bunch of major life changes to make and old belief systems to conquer.

Wow ... didn't mean to go on and on. I'm a bit chatting tonight. Remember, no matter what: DON'T GIVE UP ON YOU. You're worth it!

Replies

• Hi everyone! I'm new to the board and excited to have found this site. It appears to be a simple way to track all those things that need tracking. I'm on the path to gastric bypass surgery. My insurance (Kaiser) has members in this program do a ton of pre-surgery preparation, which I'm grateful for. Obviously, for many of us, there are things hiding beneath the pounds, if you know what I mean. Simply making a tummy teenie won't have lasting results without the same life changes that any person seeking to lose weight must make. In other words, it's still work! My medical issues have increased to the point that I have chosen to include surgery in my process. One thing that I'm very, very clear about is that this is no magic cure all. I have a bunch of major life changes to make and old belief systems to conquer.

Wow ... didn't mean to go on and on. I'm a bit chatting tonight. Remember, no matter what: DON'T GIVE UP ON YOU. You're worth it!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    welcome.gif

I wish you the best on your surgery.

This is an incredible place--you will find all the support here you need and more! Friends, too!

I am on a journey to lose 139 pounds and am 45 pounds into it so far, so I sympathize with your struggle. Among other reasons, I, too, have chosen to do this as part of my faith.
  • windian
    windian Posts: 20 Member
    I had lap band surgery in April and have lost 24 lbs. This site is very helpful in that the band does not restrict calories, but the site helps you work them out. I have learned a lot just by recording my food intake. I wish you the best!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Carol, and welcome to the best site on the web! You WILL lose weight here, and it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    The people are unbelievably supportive, you'll love em!
    My sister in law had the surgery you're going to have, and she's lost at least 70 or more by now.
    Good luck with your surgery, and again, welcome to this absolutely fantastic site!
  • Thank you for the kind words and warm welcome. I appreciate them!
  • Thank you for your encouraging words. I feel at home already.
This discussion has been closed.