NSV which is a big pain in the backside!

tekiegirl
tekiegirl Posts: 78 Member
edited September 24 in Success Stories
I have noticed recently that chairs are becoming less comfortable and I have finally realised that it is because my bum has less padding.
This is great - my bum is smaller! :o)

The downside is that I am getting really uncomfortable sitting in my chair at work, and I can't sit on the floor.
My exercise bike? Now that is painful!

On the other hand I had another NSV this morning: It took me ages to find a pair of trousers for work that aren't way too big! :o)

It's all great, but a slight pain :o)

Replies

• Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Congratulations! What's an NSV?
  • As you say, all good, but not great if you're not comfy! I had to get a big saddle for my bike (huge and wide like my bum!) as I need the comfort. Those racer bike saddles - owwwwww!!
  • Congratulations! What's an NSV?

Non Scale Victory - something that's good about weight loss, but not measured purely by your weight (so the scale). Like fitting into smaller clothes, being able to cross your legs, stuff like that.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Congratulations! What's an NSV?

NSV = Non-Scale Victory!

Way to go Tekie!
  • tekiegirl
    tekiegirl Posts: 78 Member
    Maybe I should go to the bike shop just down the road and ask about saddles. They may think I am mad replacing the saddle on my exercise bike :o)

Hopefully when I have shifted some more weight my rear will be able to support me in comfort ;o)
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Maybe I should go to the bike shop just down the road and ask about saddles. They may think I am mad replacing the saddle on my exercise bike :o)

Hopefully when I have shifted some more weight my rear will be able to support me in comfort ;o)

Believe it or not, you will eventually adjust. I've ridden on RAGBRAI three times before - it's a weeklong bike ride across the state of Iowa - and each day averages about 80 miles on your bike, which equates to about 7 to 8 hours on the saddle each day. The first two days are the hardest and you walk around like you've just gotten off of a horse but by day 3 it begins to ease off and you butt adapts (for lack of a better phrase). My Dad has ridden RAGBRAI well over a dozen times and his take is that your butt develops a callous XD. So, it does get better. I don't know what kind of seat your exercise bike has, but generally, getting one of the wider ones can help.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!