ANY suggestions?

Options
I am trying to lower my sodium intake. The problem is, how can I keep my sodium level down while increasing my calories at the same time. I've ALMOST completed my food diary for today. I still need to take in like 300 calories (and I've not even exercised yet). I'd LOVE to keep my sodium intake around 1500 but I'm already at 1400. How can I add 300+ calories without going over my 1500 mg of sodium? If any of you know of some high calorie (& possibly high potassium) & low sodium meals or snacks, can you please let me know of them?

*AnGeLA*

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Unsalted nuts
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    A banana and natural almonds. Great low sodium snack. I also like Kashi bars. They are low sodium as well.
  • amandasowell
    amandasowell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was put on a very low sodium diet while I was pregnant because of high blood pressure. Unprocessed foods are your best bet. Fruits and veggies are even better than something like eggs.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    A banana or an orange and some raw, salt-free walnuts, pecans or almonds. Nuts are nutritional power houses but they're also calorie dense so watch 'em, lol. Bananas and oranges are both good sources of potassium.