Help! Gaining weight!

fitmommy4life
fitmommy4life Posts: 65
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been tracking for almost 2 weeks, and I lost 2 lbs but now I'm up 3!! I'm doing cardio on the elliptical and keeping track of my calories. I can't for the life of me figure out WHY i'm gaining! I'm hoping that maybe my body is backed up?? I'm going to drink some herbal senna leaf tea to "flush" my system if you know what I mean lol.

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Your sodium is in check? You're not on the junk food route? You're not going through a stressful situation?
  • christinehay78
    christinehay78 Posts: 82 Member
    I wouldn't stress over it too much. It's probably just water retention. Make sure your drinking lots of water!!
  • shayshay01
    shayshay01 Posts: 40 Member
    Could be that you are gaining muscle mass from the exercise, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Try doing meaurements of you body so that you can see if you are losing inches. If you are building muscle you will still be burning fat which will make you weight increase, but you will see fewer inches in areas of your body that are toning. Good luck!
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Depending on many possibilities maybe its relayed to your time if the month. Common to retain water before a cycle. Don't hit the panic button yet. Give yourself more time.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    as long as you know you are doing the right thing...don't worry about it. It is probably fluid retention/fluctuation. It happens to me all the time---but I am at peace with it becuase I know I have done everything right.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    How often are you weighing yourself? I weigh daily, but by doing that you have to be mentally prepared for daily fluctuations up to five pounds. If you can't handle seeing the ups and downs, stick to once a week weigh-ins. Saturday morning I weighed three pounds less than I did Sunday morning (I always weigh right after the first pee of the morning, naked- is that TMI :p?). It could have been the result of sodium intake, hormones, hydration levels, the way the winds are blowing...anything, really. I wouldn't sweat it unless I saw a consistent uptick on the scale.
  • ANGERisMYgift
    ANGERisMYgift Posts: 5 Member
    Alot of things play a factor in weight loss from what im finding. Try mixing up your exercise, maybe throw in some circuit training to break your routine up. Check your sodium level, the more sodium you have in your diet, the more bloated you will be. Personally for myself I am finding that if I eat my exercise calories I dont lose or even gain a little, even though mfp says I can eat them. Also make sure you weigh yourself at the same time of day everytime you weigh in as your weight can fluctuate 1-3 lbs through out the day.
This discussion has been closed.