OT- very upset

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
I'm so upset and I need to vent.
Last night was a planned girls night out and I was very nervous leaving my dh with the girls because I got their ears pierced 3 weeks ago. I explained how careful he had to be with their ear because if the earrings come out, they will close over. I purposely braided their hair before I went out and told him not to wash their hair in order to avoid their hair getting caught in them.

This morning when my 3 year old woke up she came running in the room crying that daddy took out her earring!!! When he put on her pj's, he pulled out an earring. Instead of calling me and telling me it happened, he put her to bed and now the hole is already closed.
If he would have called me, I could have called my girlfriend down the street to come over and put it back in.
Now I have to wait a week or two and hope that it heals properly. If there is scare tissue, they will not be able to re-pierce in the same area.

I should be able to go out and not have to worry about my children at home. This is the first time in 6 months that I've gone out in the evening. I am pissed off that I can't trust him enough to make sure things are done properly.

To top it off, he left because because I'm upset with him. I'm supposed to run 6 miles this morning and now I can't because he left me with the kids.
We are expecting 20 people today for a bbq and I obviously can't go running when they are here.

What a wonderful way to start the day. :explode:

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    I'm so upset and I need to vent.
    Last night was a planned girls night out and I was very nervous leaving my dh with the girls because I got their ears pierced 3 weeks ago. I explained how careful he had to be with their ear because if the earrings come out, they will close over. I purposely braided their hair before I went out and told him not to wash their hair in order to avoid their hair getting caught in them.

This morning when my 3 year old woke up she came running in the room crying that daddy took out her earring!!! When he put on her pj's, he pulled out an earring. Instead of calling me and telling me it happened, he put her to bed and now the hole is already closed.
    If he would have called me, I could have called my girlfriend down the street to come over and put it back in.
    Now I have to wait a week or two and hope that it heals properly. If there is scare tissue, they will not be able to re-pierce in the same area.

I should be able to go out and not have to worry about my children at home. This is the first time in 6 months that I've gone out in the evening. I am pissed off that I can't trust him enough to make sure things are done properly.

To top it off, he left because because I'm upset with him. I'm supposed to run 6 miles this morning and now I can't because he left me with the kids.
    We are expecting 20 people today for a bbq and I obviously can't go running when they are here.

What a wonderful way to start the day. :explode:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Oh, that sucks so hard. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know how frustrating it is when you just want to go out and relax a little bit, and then everything bites you in the a**. My husband does that too.
    Is there any way you and the girls could go on at least a walk? You would probably be able to get some interval running in and make it a chase game. Then you could at least get something in. And I'm sure your daughter's ear will be alright. If not, she can hold it over your husband's head for the rest of her life. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: (j/k...sort of)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Oh Mireille, {{{{{hug}}}}}

That REALLY stinks!! I don't blame you for being upset. :heart:

Hunt his butt down so you can at least get your run in!

I'm sure your daughter's ear will be fine. Those little ones heal so much better then us relics! :tongue:

Enjoy your BBQ & no-no to putting ex-lax in dh's burger. :bigsmile:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Boys are pretty stupid sometimes. :frown:

Sorry to hear that your day is starting off rough Mir, I hope it gets better for you. :smile:
  • nmonkey
    nmonkey Posts: 66
    Options
    It was nice of him to watch the girls for you.

Have fun at the BBQ!
  • sheristeele
    Options
    I am sorry that you had a horrible morning. I know you are frustrated.. but remember: No ONE watches your kids as well as you do. Your man probably did not call you because he realized that you would be upset and the rest of your night would be ruined. He probably knew you really needed the night out and didn't want to disturb you.

Even if the ear scars, she will still be able to get them re-peirced: it will just be a little more time for the ear to heal than you probably would like.

Try to enjoy the barbeque. Sounds like you all need a good day.

GLAD You vented!!! Venting helps.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Guys can be so goosey sometimes!

I am so sorry about your girls night out. I think girls need to have a "girls night out" and then the next day are required to gather one more time to see whose hubby was the biggest goof-ball. LOL That should be a book!

Men! :tongue:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Aw Mireille, I know how frustrating hubbz can be but just have fun at the BBQ. You can have a great run tonight. Your little girl will be just fine.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Oh, that sucks so hard. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know how frustrating it is when you just want to go out and relax a little bit, and then everything bites you in the a**. My husband does that too.
    Is there any way you and the girls could go on at least a walk? You would probably be able to get some interval running in and make it a chase game. Then you could at least get something in. And I'm sure your daughter's ear will be alright. If not, she can hold it over your husband's head for the rest of her life. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: (j/k...sort of)

You are so right! It always comes back to bite me. Why is it when they go out everything runs smoothly???
    I am so busy today trying to get everything organized and make food that I won't be able to get out at all.
    I will just have to be out of the house at 5am tomorrow before I start work. :grumble:
    :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Oh Mireille, {{{{{hug}}}}}

That REALLY stinks!! I don't blame you for being upset. :heart:

Hunt his butt down so you can at least get your run in!

I'm sure your daughter's ear will be fine. Those little ones heal so much better then us relics! :tongue:

Enjoy your BBQ & no-no to putting ex-lax in dh's burger. :bigsmile:

Hmmm....ex-lax...hmmmmm...here's your chocolate pudding, honey!
    Thanks for the great idea! :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Boys are pretty stupid sometimes. :frown:

Sorry to hear that your day is starting off rough Mir, I hope it gets better for you. :smile:

Thanks sarge!
    I like it when men admit they can a bonehead at times. :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    It was nice of him to watch the girls for you.

Have fun at the BBQ!

Not too sure how to take this post.
    If you are being sarcastic, then it's funny!! :laugh:

• Mireille
    Options
    I am sorry that you had a horrible morning. I know you are frustrated.. but remember: No ONE watches your kids as well as you do. Your man probably did not call you because he realized that you would be upset and the rest of your night would be ruined. He probably knew you really needed the night out and didn't want to disturb you.

Even if the ear scars, she will still be able to get them re-peirced: it will just be a little more time for the ear to heal than you probably would like.

Try to enjoy the barbeque. Sounds like you all need a good day.

GLAD You vented!!! Venting helps.

You said it! You are so right about moms just knowing what to do, at all times. It's funny cuz I'm starting to blame myself by thinking I should have grabbed a wider neck pj for him to put on her. I thought I covered all bases but I guess I didn't.

• Mireille
    Options
    Guys can be so goosey sometimes!

I am so sorry about your girls night out. I think girls need to have a "girls night out" and then the next day are required to gather one more time to see whose hubby was the biggest goof-ball. LOL That should be a book!

Men! :tongue:

OMG, this is how I'm gonna be rich!!! That's the best idea ever, we should start a thread on it. lol
  • Mireille
    Options
    Aw Mireille, I know how frustrating hubbz can be but just have fun at the BBQ. You can have a great run tonight. Your little girl will be just fine.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:

Thanks Joanna!
    Unfortunately my morning is filled with cooking and the rest of the day I will have people over. I won't get a run at all today. :cry:

Tomorrow will be better!

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hey

That happened to my dd, but she pulled her own earring
    I can understand your frustration and think it would have been the right thing to do, for DH to admit he messed up and move on....it wasn't intentional....

Hope things tuen around...and you get you're work out time in today

Kim
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Hey

I can understand your frustration and think it would have been the right thing to do, for DH to admit he messed up and move on....it wasn't intentional....

Kim

Kimmy....you rule. :smile:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Hey

Kim

Exactly, I know he wouldn't purposely do it but he walked away making me feel like it was my fault.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Hey

Kim

Exactly, I know he wouldn't purposely do it but he walked away making me feel like it was my fault.

And that was his mistake I think...

God knows when I screw up big, I wanna flee too, it's hard to step up and be like 'Honey...I might have messed up...' At least it is for me...I hate letting people down more than anything. I absolutely hate to fail the people I love...might be he's the same way...*shrug* :frown:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Hey

Kim

I hate to say this but I don't think he really cares that much. I've been trying to talk to him and make things "normal" but he ain't responding. Oh well!
    I'm gonna have a glass of wine today. :flowerforyou:

And that was his mistake I think...

God knows when I screw up big, I wanna flee too, it's hard to step up and be like 'Honey...I might have messed up...' At least it is for me...I hate letting people down more than anything. I absolutely hate to fail the people I love...might be he's the same way...*shrug* :frown: