trying fo learn how to eat properly

Options
I'm trying to balance my protein/carbs/fat 50%/30%/20% but even with using whey protein I always seem to eat more carbs than protein. Does anyone have any good tips on low fat protein sources? I mostly use chicken breast, tuna, salmon, and whey powder. Also I would like to see other peoples food diaries, how do I do that?

Thanks,

James

Replies

• cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt is a great for protein! and the plain stuff can be used in so much. I use it instead of sourcream of mayo
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Are you on a low carb high protein diet? If not just an FYI, a balanced diet consists of carbs between 45 and 60%, protein between 10-30%, and fats from 20-30% of total calories.
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary. I rarely eat meat. Get a l lot of protein from things like soy, peanut butter, post workout shake.... Some days I go over protein, some days I go over carbs. rarely over on fat/sugar/sodium. Almost always over on fiber lol.
    Hope thats helpful!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I can answer the last question: Click on their name (above pic) and it takes you to their profile. If they have a "View Diary" button toward the top of the page, click it and you can look at their diary, both previous and present pages. Have fun with all of this! ;):drinker: (lots of water)
  • citizen55555
    citizen55555 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started doing p90x about a month ago, I started using this site when I had trouble tracking my food intake. My plan is to gradually up my carb intake as they want you start protein heavy at first.