Advice for Easy & Healthy Tonight

Options
emmyvera
emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
Hey all!

I usually have my dinners planned out and I love to cook.
BUT I'm pretty sick today and I don't think I will even make it through work today. :frown:

I'd really like to make something very easy and healthy that both me and my husband will like for dinner tonight.
I can run by the store a pick up a few things too. My mind is a total blank.
Things I do have on hand are lettuce, onion, garlic, carrots, milk, eggs, cream of mushroom.... uh.... :laugh:

Any thoughts on quick, easy and healthy for two?

Thanks MFP Peeps! :tongue:

Replies

• emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I was just "kicked" out of work from being super sick...I stopped at the store and bought progresso light chicken noodle soup and some thera flu.
    For the hubby, you could make some simple sandwiches to go with the soup :)
    Feel better, i am trying!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I was just "kicked" out of work from being super sick...I stopped at the store and bought progresso light chicken noodle soup and some thera flu.
    For the hubby, you could make some simple sandwiches to go with the soup :)

Good suggestion! Go for low sodium if you do soup ;)

When I'm sick.. I love just some oatmeal or cream of wheat for dinner. Goes down easy, takes 10 minutes to make. Also easy to make healthy additions like some pumpkin or Nut butter..
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    ASIAN LETTUCE WRAPS
    INGREDIENTS
    7 oz lean ground turkey
    1.5 cups shredded cabbage or bagged cole slaw mix
    mix together: ~1 T soy sauce, ~1 oz water, packaged Szechwan seasoning mix (or any oriental flavor you like- look for one that's low in carbs and sodium- use the amount listed for one serving
    iceburg lettuce leaves (washed and dried)

DIRECTIONS
    Get a wok (or non stick pan) very hot. Cook the turkey and break it up into very small pieces. When it's no longer pink, add the cabbage and pour the sauce mix over. Continue cooking on high heat just until the cabbage starts to wilt. I also sprinkled crushed red pepper on it because I like it spicy!
  • anjj49
    anjj49 Posts: 2
    Options
    Fairly new to loosing weight so hope this is a good suggestion and not high in any of the naughty stuff!

Couple of chicken breasts just sealed on a non-stick pan. Lift them off then in same pan, with a little olive oil to gently fry the garlic & onions until soft but not browned. Stir in the can of mushroom soup and add a little tarragon (fresh or dried but don't add too much until you've tasted it). Return the chicken to the pan and cover (if pan can go in the oven OR put into a casserole with lid). Give a squeeze of lemon juice then let it cook on a low (ish) temperature for about an hour. Check seasoning about half way through and adjust (salt, pepper, more tarragon). Cook your mushrooms under a grill and add to mix about 15 mins before ready (or anytime really.......)

Serve with your carrots done julienne.