Newbie Checking in

Options
Hi all,

I'm a married grandmother of 4 who is 1/2 way through an RN program. I had started with Weight Watchers last year and lost 40 lbs. Once my clinicals started I was unable to get to my regualr meeting night and slid off the wagon. I regained -50- lbs.

I won't get through the program or be an effective nurse if I don't get a handle on my weight/lifestyle. I look forward to meeting you all on my journey.

Nancy Owens

Replies

• NancyOwens
    NancyOwens Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm a married grandmother of 4 who is 1/2 way through an RN program. I had started with Weight Watchers last year and lost 40 lbs. Once my clinicals started I was unable to get to my regualr meeting night and slid off the wagon. I regained -50- lbs.

I won't get through the program or be an effective nurse if I don't get a handle on my weight/lifestyle. I look forward to meeting you all on my journey.

Nancy Owens
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Options
    Hello Nancy - Welcome!
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Glad to have you here. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy, and welcome to the best site on the web!
    I've also done the Weight Watchers thing over the years, as well as Over Eaters Annon., etc, and nothing ever worked for long. BUT, THIS place is different, and I just know that I CAN do it this time AND live with it forever.
    That's why here, we all call it a "lifestyle change", instead of a diet. Just the word diet makes my skin crawl, lol, cuz right away, you think the word "deprived"! But here you don't feel that. You CAN pretty much eat whatever you want, just watch your daily food log numbers, cut down on some portions, and exercise, and the weight WILL come off. I promise!
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you have discovered the most awe inspiring site in the world. You'll have the opportunity to have support here anytime you want right in the comfort of your home. Best wishes on achieving your goals and that RN