Multivitamins

Options
Hi, I was wondering if I should be logging my Multivitamins?? :smile:

Thanks for the help!!

Replies

• Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well apparently some have calories in them which I never new. I know a lot of people do not however I noticed in some diaries they do. I guess it is your personal preference.
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    I do... I have heard many times to log in whatever goes into your mouth even if it does NOT have calories. :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I don't bother only because it doesn't add to the things I track- calories, fat, carbs and protein. I don't really watch my vitamin and mineral intake on MFP.
  • sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey , I do add mine to my diary, but not so much from a nutritional aspect (as vitamin capsules generally don't have calorific value - unless they are the child/sweetie type) - but as a reminder for me to take my one-a-day : I ALWAYS FORGET unless I log it in my diary :blushing:
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    My vitamins have 15 calories a piece so, I always add them.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    One of my buddies who is a trainer told me that all multivitamins are is a good way to piss out your money.

But then I read a lot of people suggest and take them. I have not been taking mine for about 3 months, and I really do not notice a difference.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    I add mine but i use a kind that are 110 calories so that needs to be added.
  • eandrus
    eandrus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I log my supplements, which include calcium, because I like to check the "Nutrients" tab (Home Screen) on my smartphone app to see if I am over or under on certain things by the end of the day. Word of caution: not all the food database entries have complete or correct nutrient information; they just have the calories. You might have to look at a few similar entries to find one that shows the nutrients too.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    One of my buddies who is a trainer told me that all multivitamins are is a good way to piss out your money.

That's complete BS, good for you for not listening to your buddy. My doctor did my blood work and found I was very low in vitamin B. I now take a supplement and my B levels are good. I am not peeing it out- my body is absorbing what I need then eliminating what I don't.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options

But then I read a lot of people suggest and take them. I have not been taking mine for about 3 months, and I really do not notice a difference.

anything that starts with "one of my buddies who is a trainer" isn't something i'd take as advice on here.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

anything that starts with "one of my buddies who is a trainer" isn't something i'd take as advice on here.

All I know is I was spending $40 on a bottle of vitamins, one day I said am I being a dumb *kitten*? I stopped taking them and have seen no changes. Was I really just pissing away that $40?
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    In your instance I suppose you probably were wasting your money,if your not seeing a difference without them that probably means you are able to ingest a sufficient amount of those nutrients on your own.
    However sometimes certain people don't get sufficient amounts and they can be very beneficial. I'd say get blood work done before starting them.
  • jessicaadair
    jessicaadair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the help!! I think I will start logging mine too!