On Average

Options
How often do y'all exercise?
Im a stay at home mum with a toddler whos into everything and a 4 month old who doesnt like to be put down for long- he likes to stand up haha.-
ANYWAY, Im finding it hard to do 20 mins 3 times a week and my weight loss is fluctuating, down and then back up and then alittle down and then back up.
I log everything I eat and am pretty much on the money with my calorie intake, havent got the individual things down pat yet.
What am I doing wrong? or am I expecting too much?

Replies

• paris88
    paris88 Posts: 27
    Options
    How often do y'all exercise?
    Im a stay at home mum with a toddler whos into everything and a 4 month old who doesnt like to be put down for long- he likes to stand up haha.-
    ANYWAY, Im finding it hard to do 20 mins 3 times a week and my weight loss is fluctuating, down and then back up and then alittle down and then back up.
    I log everything I eat and am pretty much on the money with my calorie intake, havent got the individual things down pat yet.
    What am I doing wrong? or am I expecting too much?
  • bird
    bird Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm in childcare and I know that little ones can keep you on your toes! We put the babies in the prams and go powerwalking down the park - the toddlers get their play time and we get our exercise!

Hope this helps!

:flowerforyou:
    74558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom too. I have a three year old and a one year old. I have been taking them to the gym since my youngest was 6 weeks old. They have child care there. They absolutely love it there and I get to work out . With my husband out to sea all the time, this is also a welcome break!! Maybe you can check into your local gyms and see if they provide child care there aswell!!

Good luck!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I'm a work from home / stay at home mom and I go to the gym 6 days a week --- for the childcare! The exercise is just a bonus! I would go 7 days, but no childcare on Sun :cry:

If you are a stay at home mom with no other job to try to wrangle schedules around then you may be able to find a gym with fun classes to take as well - which may motivate you. The only class I can take is Yoga at 7 pm because all the other ones are during my work hours :cry: I always wish I had off during the day - I would like to do pilates and some of the cardio classes but oh well - i do the running machines at night and they seem to do good. They have a lot of cool classes at the Y and it is pretty cheap too (or your city may have a community gym with childcare and those are usually cheap like the Y).

I know on Sundays I dont work out at home because the time my son sleeps is my only down time all week and I am NOT going to spend it exercising! Usually I try to shower so my hair is clean at least one day a week!:laugh:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

SAHM here to a 3 and 4 yr old
    I jump on the treadmill for 30-45 min every day...
    I usually jump on at 6:00ish when the kids get up and before DH leaves for work
    If i wait until the evening..I'll never get on...

Kim
  • paris88
    paris88 Posts: 27
    Options
    going to the gym isnt an option unfotunatly and now its summer I cant take the little 1's out in the pram cause its too hot -35-40C most days.
    We have a tread mill at home so I will try getting up earlier and jumping on before the day starts. Thanks :smile: