Fecal Bacteria, E.Coli Found On Most Shopping Carts

Options
Shar6819
Shar6819 Posts: 34 Member
Check out this article before you go back to the grocery store.
http://www.emaxhealth.com/4214/fecal-bacteria-ecoli-found-most-shopping-carts

Replies

• nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    I am positive that you will find E.coli almost anywhere you have poeple..... It's surprising how many people don't wash their hands after defecating.... :( I carry my hand sanitizer everywhere and try to never touch my face in public
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    This is why we have an immune system, which is also why I don't really worry about it. Bacteria of all sorts are found everywhere. Take a highschool level biology course and you will discover that. Our bodies deal with it just fine. In fact, it seems the attempt to remove all the bacteria from our children environment is actually not that helpful to strengthen their immune system. I teach my son to wash his hands with plain old soap and running water.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    This is why we have an immune system, which is also why I don't really worry about it. Bacteria of all sorts are found everywhere. Take a highschool level biology course and you will discover that. Our bodies deal with it just fine. In fact, it seems the attempt to remove all the bacteria from our children environment is actually not that helpful to strengthen their immune system. I teach my son to wash his hands with plain old soap and running water.

What he said.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Bleeeaayuuuckkk!!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, my brothers and sisters and I played in the dirt, in the weeds, climbed trees, played in my uncle's grain silo, his barn, all kinds of dirty places and hardly ever got sick. I'm not going to worry about shopping carts now. I often think about following people who come out of the bathroom and use a paper towel to open the bathroom door and see how many items they touch in the store. Those cans on the shelf didn't get there by themselves. How do you know if the stocker who stocked the shelves washed their hands after going to the bathroom. Or how many other shoppers may have touched the same can to move it aside to get the fresher one behind it. As for the toys and candy . . . . well think little kids touching them.

I'm just saying.
  • fatguitarist
    fatguitarist Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There was just an article in a news paper in the Bay Area CA that 60% of the seats on BART (the public transportation subway/train) have fecal matter and other virii that are immune to cleaning solutions and antibiotics. Scary!