Hiya

Options
I'm not very good at introductions, so here it goes. My name is Olivia and I'm trying to loose a total of about 80 pounds. My starting weight was 230, and I'm 14 pounds down so far. I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 150lbs. A few years ago I was down to 190, but gained it all back.

I'm not using any particular diet, just trying to eat sensibly and cut down on treats. For exercise I have been walking, biking, and doing pilates and yoga. My goal is at least 30 to 60 minutes of some sort of exercise 6 days a week, and at least 4 days must be cardiovascular. I hope to lose 3 to 4 pounds a month. My goal is 1,600 to 1,800 kcals a day, depending on how much I've burned, with a deficet goal of 400 to 700. I don't think I'm going to log all of my food on this site(I have done that before on other sites and I don't have the time), but instead use it mostly as a reference when I don't know how many Calories a certain food has, or if I want to know how many Calories I burned. I do plan to log once in a while though.

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I'm not very good at introductions, so here it goes. My name is Olivia and I'm trying to loose a total of about 80 pounds. My starting weight was 230, and I'm 14 pounds down so far. I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 150lbs. A few years ago I was down to 190, but gained it all back.

I'm not using any particular diet, just trying to eat sensibly and cut down on treats. For exercise I have been walking, biking, and doing pilates and yoga. My goal is at least 30 to 60 minutes of some sort of exercise 6 days a week, and at least 4 days must be cardiovascular. I hope to lose 3 to 4 pounds a month. My goal is 1,600 to 1,800 kcals a day, depending on how much I've burned, with a deficet goal of 400 to 700. I don't think I'm going to log all of my food on this site(I have done that before on other sites and I don't have the time), but instead use it mostly as a reference when I don't know how many Calories a certain food has, or if I want to know how many Calories I burned. I do plan to log once in a while though.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi Olivia nice to meet you :)

you have come to a great place with lots of supportive people!!!!
    You can do this:smile:

Jackie
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great start in your weight loss quest! 14 lbs is wonderful! As for not wanting to enter food, I can tell you that there really is no way to accurately keep track of calories and other nutritients other than writing them down. I eat pretty darn healthy for the most part, with some weaknesses I was not shy to hold back on. BUT, I worked out 5 days per week, doing 60-90 minutes of cardio/weightlifting, and did not loose ONE POUND for a whole year. It wasn't until I joined MFP and started accounting for my nutritional intake that I have finally seen the scale move. It's been pretty slow (4 lbs in about 3 months), but I am down to my last 13 lbs. If you don't have time to log in, then how about keeping a piece of paper in your purse and writing everything down throughout the day. Then maybe before bed you can enter everything at once. It really doesn't take that long after you get the hang of it.

Good luck and welcome aboard! :smile:
  • rosenbss
    rosenbss Posts: 54
    Options
    HI Oliva I feel your pain I just joined yesterday but started a year ago on my weight loss goal I hit the highest I have ever been at 206.9 pounds. I lost 20 pounds in March only to gain ten back so my goal by Aug. 1 is to be back to that 20 pounds lost. An to continue on the road from there!! Good luck in your weight loss and I wish everyone the best!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to the best site on the web.
    I totally agree with Erin. You REALLY need to log in everything that you're eating if you want this site to help you lose the weight that you want to lose.
    It IS somewhat time consuming at first, but once you've put alot of your regular foods and meals in here, it will be pretty quick after that to log in every day.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes! I am keeping track of Cals, but I do not have consistant access to the internet, so I'm not going to log them into the site. I'm also not worried about being exact down to every single Calorie. I want to train myself to be able to figure out good choices without needing to find a computer and log in every meal. I've done that before and I've actually lost the weight easier this way. I think logging is great, but I know that I'm doing the right thing for me right now.