Why is it so hard for me to eat right on Weekends...

Options
2»

Replies

• Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The weekends have been my downfall. This month I decided to commit to stop cheating on the weekends. Its going to be hard but if I don't do that I won't get to my goal so I have to make a choice. No more sabotaging myself on the weekends. Its not worth it.
  • just4laughs
    Options
    I basically learned NOT to keep crappy food in the house. If it’s not there, I can’t sabotage myself. I did get a cool little recipe from someone on this website that’s healthy and taste REAL good. She took some low fat Cool Whip toping and put it in between two graham crackers, and put it in the freezer, it tastes like an ice cream sandwich.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My way of dealing with 'going rogue'... is too put in extra exercise before or after.

Obviously, there is only so much exercise you can do in a day - and that is how I determine how bad I can be!

So far, touch wood... it seems to have worked. I have still lost 0.5 or 1 lb after a weekend of indulging with Thai, McDonald's (spur of the moment decision!) or plenty margaritas.

So, you just have to tell yourself that you have 'work' before you can have a treat.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm out of the house for most of the weekend, so I tend to eat on the go! I do prepare more now though than I used to, grabbing some fruit or yogurt before I leave the house so that I avoid crisps and chocolate.

I still have my take outs, but I log everything!

Also, I'm very active at weekends, usually cleaning cars, walking everywhere, so I feel as though i can be that little bit naughty with my food choices :laugh:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    For me I believe weekends are diffficult because it is relax and social time. We concentrate so on being diligent during the week we feel like relaxing a little on the weekends and then a little turns into a lot. I have blown my whole week on the weekends. Last week I made my goal to maintain on weekends and gave myself 1000 extra calories the whole weekend. I am going to give it a try again this weekend.

Just keep on working on it and find something that works for you!! have a good weekend and keep up the good work Jay!:flowerforyou: