Anyone using an Octane Elliptical?

Options
Hey MFP people - Is anyone using an Octane Elliptical out there?? I am contemplating buying a new model Q37c or ci Elliptical Cross Trainer ($3000 plus or minus) or a 3-year old used model Q37e in supposedly good condition (it was home use and not in a gym and wasn't used much according to the owner) for $1,000. The reviews online for Octane machines seem very good, just can't decide on the new or used one. Or should I nix Octane and go with a Precor/Lifetime machine, etc. My wife will likely use it until it doesn't work anymore. I'm more partial to the treadmil :) Any thoughts??

Replies

• LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have~~~ amazing!!! Best elliptical I have ever used actually!!! Love love love it!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    thats what my gym has for elliptical trainers. Even the older ones work great!
  • pauljohnsadler
    Options
    I used to sell the high end fitness equipment, not Octane though, we sold Precor. You need to remember that when you buy a used piece of equip you will not get a warranty with your machine. you may get 90 days if you buy it from a reputable dealer. If you buy brand new, you will probably get something like a ten year parts and 1 year labor warranty. Parts and labor can get pretty expensive, so take that into consideration also. Hope that helps :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Love my Octane - it's beautifully designed and takes up less space than the precor, that's why I chose it. I bought the Q35, it doesn't have the HRM which is fine because I wear a polar anyway. I love the 2 minute programs it has, really helps switch up the intensity of what could be a boring 30 minutes on the ellip.