I'm wearing "those" jeans finally

Options
Foxworth81
Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
Before I got pregnant with my daughter (who's now four), I was thin. I didn't think I was at the time but I was. I weighed about 120 and wore size 4 or less. When i got pregnant with her, I gained way too much weight. I remember buying my first pair of post-pregnancy jeans a couple weeks after she was born. I bought them online from Victoria's Secret. I thought to myself, "If I was a size 4 before, surely I'll be in a size 6 in no time." Since then, these jeans have collected dust in my closet. Sure, I would bust them out every once in a while to see if they fit yet. A couple of times, they did but only after laying on the bed, sqeezing every last ounce of breath out of me, and using all my strength to button that top button. And then of course, in addition to being so restricted that I could barely walk, I would have the mother of all muffin tops.

For the past 4 years, those jeans have been a gauge for me as to just how out of shape I was. When my oldest was about 3, they started but fit but then I got pregnant with my second. I almost fit into them after my 6 weeks of maternitly leave and insense diet and exercise but then I went back to work and fell off the wagon. One month ago, I put those jeans on and they fit, but not well enough that I would leave the house in them. It was quite a squeeze.

Well I finally worked up the courage to try on those infamous jeans again this weekend and voila, they fit like a glove. I would still LOVE to be back in the size 4 jeans I used to wear but this is a HUGE NSV for me.

What are some of your NSV's?

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    awesome . . .that is wonderful

I had to buy a size less in workout clothes because I had to use a hair tie around my waist band or they would fall off
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    that is great congrats!!!

I fluctuate within 10 lbs in my weight and bought these jeans as a motivator about 1.5 years ago.

I am still sporting the muffin top at the moment but that's probably the best they fit.

I think if I'm able to drop 5lbs - they will fit like a glove so I keep checking once a week - will keep you posted!!!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the jeans - that's amazing!

I had two good NSVs this weekend. A woman I don't know came up to me at the gym on Saturday and said "don't take this the wrong way but your look great and your legs look amazing." I seriously had to fight back the tears!

I've had a bad cold for the last week but still got out for a six mile run on Sunday. I felt tired and decided to just take it easy but somehow I ended up with a personal best time for six miles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!