Hello

Options
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and from what I've read I think it's gonna be a positive experience. I knew I was overweight for a long time, but managed to come up with some really wonderful excuses not to do anything about it. LOL
However, I have decided that enough is enough and I'm going to do something about it. No time like today!:tongue:

Replies

• leona42
    leona42 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new to this site and from what I've read I think it's gonna be a positive experience. I knew I was overweight for a long time, but managed to come up with some really wonderful excuses not to do anything about it. LOL
    However, I have decided that enough is enough and I'm going to do something about it. No time like today!:tongue:
  • jdsfitnesspal
    Options
    hi my name is justin and no i don't look like that picture anymore in my "avatar" . but soon enough with hard work and dedication i will get back to that size ................. thanks guys looking foward to speaking with some of you :)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Leona, and welcome!
    Sounds like you've got the same attitude that I had when I came here. I FINALLY had enough, and decided to do something about feeling depressed with my weight constantly! And now, thanks to this great site, I'm feeling SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better about myself! No more being depressed, I'm flying high all the time now with the weight that's "almost" easily coming off! I'm sure it'll be the same way for you too!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Hi Justin, and a big welcome to you too! This site is fantastic! Give it a chance, and you WILL lose whatever weight that you want to!
    The people here are soooooooooo very supportive too!
  • jdsfitnesspal
    Options
    great job so far brentnew halfway there so far keep up the good work ..............
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Hope you enjoy your new addiction........LOL. :tongue:
  • jdsfitnesspal
    Options
    if you were referring to me lovechild you hit that on the number .................... definately have an addictive personality but that can be a good thing to right ?
  • danjill55
    danjill55 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I am new too and need to lose about 15 lbs. this site has already been such a big help!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    welcome to everyone, this is an awesome website, you're going to loooooooovvvvve it! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • leona42
    Options
    I can't believe how logging in what you eat with the portions and watching those calories that you can consume disappear really makes you think about the choices you can make. I've already found out to log what I "want" to eat and then totally change my mind, opting for a healthier choice. This is AWESOME!
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    HI GUYS!

Welcome.. Danjill, JDS.. Brenew & Leona!

I hope that you all are doing GREAT! This website is awesome.. and it's very encouraging. Yes, Leona.. it's great being able to plan your meals.. then opt for something a bit healthier. I've learned a lot here.. but remember.. everyone here is VERY supportive. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Welcome.gif
  • jdsfitnesspal
    Options
    hey guys i struggled today in meeting my required goals for the day it is my 1st day using this system but im still gonna stick with it and i will end my day with a nice workout !
  • zuly69
    zuly69 Posts: 14
    Options
    HI THERE !! I AGREE SO MUCH...Just joined today...I have lost 4 lbs in almost a month but I have ONE cheat day a week and eat all I like...I go to the gym 5 days a week and do my cardio and strength...it is really hard !!! But I cannot take having these 40 lbs extra on me... WISH YAOU LUCK AND ME TOO !!
  • leona42
    Options
    I understand how you feel JDS but keep at it. For me the hardest part will be getting in the required exercise. It will be fine on the weekends but weekdays I am so tired after work that I am afraid it will be a chore. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • jdsfitnesspal
    Options
    thanks for the support leona :happy:
  • BrenNew
    Options
    I understand how you feel JDS but keep at it. For me the hardest part will be getting in the required exercise. It will be fine on the weekends but weekdays I am so tired after work that I am afraid it will be a chore. Anyone have any suggestions?

I get up extra early and do a half hour of dancing to my fast oldies CD. I also try to get in a 25 minute walk before work. Could you do something like that BEFORE you go to work?
  • BrenNew
    Options
    hey guys i struggled today in meeting my required goals for the day it is my 1st day using this system but im still gonna stick with it and i will end my day with a nice workout !

Remember, this site DOES work, and it's not real hard either, once you see your totals. You'll figure out pretty quick foods that you'll need to cut back on. In my case, it was meat and peanut butter! I've learned to have smaller portions, and exercise more to bring up my totals! I'm sure you'll find you're doing the same thing!
  • jdsfitnesspal
    Options
    brentnew in the mournings it is almost impossible for me to workout b4 i go to work because i work a 7-3 pm and at 5:30 am there just is no energy in me to do so .............. but yes i agree i will have to cut back on my favorites for me to meet my required goals most definately
  • leona42
    Options
    Thanks BrenNew. But I get up to go to work at 3 a.m. If I got up any earlier, I'd be getting up before I went to bed! LOL
    Would walking during my lunch count? We have a lot of stairs behind the hospital, perhaps I should walk up and down them? Any comments?