Hello Again

Options
Hello Everyone on myfitnesspal. I haven't been on here in awhile while which I've slowly let myself become unmotivated and I could use a kick in the rear. A motivational friend(s) for me would be awesome, and I would enjoy giving motivation to any who are interested.

A little about me, I'm 34, 5'11 ft, (male if that matters) I live in Canada(near Toronto). About 4 years ago I made a life change by losing weight. It took me 2 years to lose 100 lbs. My heaviest weight was 260lbs, and I got myself down to 154 lbs. Anyway, over the last 5-6 months I'm gained about 15 lbs and even though I didn't want to gain the weight, I did.

The things I could use motivation with are eating healthier, movtivation to quit smoking, encouragement to exersize more on a consistance basis and general positive 'mental' movtivation for the internal strength and focus which I have been lacking.

Right now my weight is 175 lbs, I'd like to get myself down to 155 lbs by losing about a 1 1/2 lbs per week. I have a 30km(18mile) run planned for the end of March, I want to quit smoking, and I'd like to get myself looking good for the summer.

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow canadian!! I am from NFLD!!
    Welcome back.. I know you can do this.. MFP is great foe advice, support and motivation!!
    Take things day by day!! Feel free to add me!!
    Best of luck to you!
  • JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like...I los 80lbs 2 years ago on my own, and then gained about 40 of it back :( This time no excuses...I have lost over 30 since Christmas, and this site seems amazing and helpful...I have never smoked, but will be supportive of ANYONE who wants to quit, simply because of what my mother in law has gone through...(she almost didn't make it)...I am a 33 year old married woman, from Marcellus, NY..I am a school bus driver, and live a quiet kind of life.
  • dmsnurse
    dmsnurse Posts: 26
    Options
    Welcome back!!!

I have just started here (5 days). Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can support each other. I am a 44 year old female. I am 5'2" and currently weight 176. My plan is to lose about 40 pounds. I have some health problems that I know if I lose weight it will be better for them. I also want to be around long enough for me kids (15 and 13) to grow up and start families of their own.

Keep at it.

Diane