weight watcher vr MFP

Options
pkd1
pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
I was on weight watchers 5yrs ago , and you never had to include fruits and veggies in your aloted points for the day you could eat all the veggies you wanted and lose weight. But with MFP i add my veggies which have little calories added on to my aloted for the day of 1300 calories. I guess my question is does anyone who was on weight watchers and is on MFP now add your veggies to your daily calories

Replies

• cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    When I did WW you counted everything (2008). I log every calorie...the unlimited fruits/veggies thing doesn't seem logical to me. I get that they are trying to get people to eat more of these but they still have calories so you should count them. IMHO
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Absolutely... MFP takes into account everything you eat. In my opinion it gives you a better overall "picture" of what you are eating in day.

5 Years ago, you did have to count fruits and veggies.. Granted some were zero, but a lot of the fruit still had points.. bananas strawberries, veggies too. (I used to work for them).. and Recently they have changed their points system... again.

Either way, I would add EVERYTHING you put into your mouth into your daily calculator, including all the BLT's (bites licks and tastes) that generally get forgotten.

The other bonus to MFP... your not paying $17/week to do it :)

Cheers
    WR
  • ashandbensmom
    Options
    I do ! But I also went and figured out how many points my MFP calories equal and it was 30!! On WW I was only allowed 22 ( this was the old points program , not the points plus) So, I figure it all equals out in the end. Personally I don't feel as cheated on here as I did on WW , but maybe I was just burned out. I was on WW for 2 years and lost 100 lbs.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    you log everything.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I was on WW five times before, I don't remember fruits and vegies ever being free till this past november. I was on it successfully the last two years, but the new plan I gained weight with and struggled with. SO I left, and was happy to find this place cause I know I can't do it alone. I absolutely count my fruits and vegies. I have learned that I can easily eat 500 calories in fruits and vegies a day. I don't skip on logging anything. I have only been here a week counting calories and all, but have lost. It's a great group of people here!
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yeah I lost 50lbs on WW, veggies I know was 0 points but Fruits were always points just very low, 1pt and 2pt. But yes I do log fruits and veggies cuz too much fruit is too much sugar even though fruit is healthy u should limit it to only so much a day.............I could eat fruit all day if it were up to me lol:)
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    I quit WW when I realized I could do the same thing here, on mfp, with similar or better result for free.
    you should log everything.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I was on WW for two years and I find it so much easier to log my calories and read the labels than to figure out how many points everything is. I counted my veggies and fruits when i was on WW and I do it now too. Gives you a full picture of everything you're putting in your mouth.