"Back Fat"

Options
One of the major things I am working on losing is my back fat. and the chub around my hips... anybody know any good exercises for this? I'm doing two different types of aerbics, treadmill, elliptical, strength training and a little bit of boxing, and using my neoprene waist belt... thought maybe there was something else!

67721.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Maraposaunika
    Maraposaunika Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One of the major things I am working on losing is my back fat. and the chub around my hips... anybody know any good exercises for this? I'm doing two different types of aerbics, treadmill, elliptical, strength training and a little bit of boxing, and using my neoprene waist belt... thought maybe there was something else!

67721.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    you can target the muscle worked but you can't target the area you want to lose in-- and the hips are hard part thats why they are listed as one of females many trouble spots-- however as far as the back fat- as you lose weight it will get smaller but also you can peform strength training exercises that work the back to help the muscle burn fat - if you go to the gym you can use the rowing machine that also is a good cardio workout-- if you use free weights you can work your back out as well with them-- just keep up with your cardio and eventually it will get smaller
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    nope, you're doing everything right. Cardio burns fat, but you can't target where you lose it from. Your body takes from the most easily acessible fat deposits so eventually you will lose it. Just keep going with the cardio!
  • lisabeavers
    lisabeavers Posts: 115
    Options
    there is this HORRIBLE thing at my gym called the "tread climber". It kinda combines a treadmill and elliptical. Two treadmills (one for each foot) that move up and down. Its really hard, it burns tons of calories, and its probably completely responsible for any weight that i have lost. Working cardio like that, or a treadmill with an incline, or adding resistance to a walker or cycle will help you build muscle as well as increase your heart rate and calorie burn. Of course, you can't "spot reduce" but if you can do two things at once then its a big YAY! There is another new machine at my gym (haven't tried it yet, it skeers me) for upper body workouts. You set the weight on it and then you pull the rope like you are climbing. Seems like to me that would put lots of lovely muscles under that hateful back fat, so that as the dieting and cardio reduces the fat, you'll start to see lovely toned muscle.... and be able to kick the booty of anybody who disagrees.... :)

remember.... You're always beautiful.... those who can't see it are blind!
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    Rowing!!! I'm telling you that my back and shoulder area has gotten much tighter and I feel like my brat (bra fat) has gone down a lot less! lol
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Rowing!!! I'm telling you that my back and shoulder area has gotten much tighter and I feel like my brat (bra fat) has gone down a lot less! lol
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am totally stealing this word! Love it! Yeah, I hate the "brat" too!!