Expectations for 10# weight loss goal

Options
OK, so I read this thread:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
and I was wondering, since I only have about 10-15 pounds to lose in the first place, do I still go through all those phases? Or do I start out in phase 5 and really have to push hard to get these pounds off? I started working at this over 2 months ago and have not lost even one pound. I did take measurements and found I had lost 1.5 inches in my waist, but nothing else. (and I think I may have put that back on when I got discouraged.)

I'm not looking to be model-perfect (which I don't even believe in), but I do want to be healthier. I am carrying my extra weight around the middle -- the most unhealthy place for excess weight. And I have family history of high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes. While I have none of these problems yet, I do want to avoid them. And I have a terrible sweet tooth which I am trying to overcome. I am post-menopausal, so I suppose that makes it tougher still?

I really appreciate everyone on MFP. You all have been very supportive. Thanks. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the phases - but I do know that the less you have to lose the harder it is to see progress. But don't give up. Losing inches is a great place to start especially if your real goal is to be heathier, not just lighter. So stick with it and you will see progress.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think Yes!
    You don't have a lot of weight to lose and you still need to do those toning and tightening things. You also aren't going to get the 2 lbs a week weightloss either.
    Best wishes.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think so. Also, being post-menopausal will affect your weight loss.