Willing to make it work this time!

Options
Hello everybody,

I think I am a typical case of a young obese woman who has tried many diets and couldn't stick with any of those. I lost up to 30 pounds and gained it all back with a little extra. Yes, I'm familiar with yoyo.

This time I want to make it right and save my life. I have so many years ahead of me and I don't want to spend them with this obese body. I want to be healthy, active and, of course, sexy again. I'm not trying any diets anymore, I'm going for the lifetime change in my nutrition and exercise. I just joined a gym last Friday and had sore muscles til this morning. So that is my first victory I guess. Plus signing up here.

So, if there's anybody here that wants to be my fitness pal or wants to receive/give motivation, please feel free to pm me.

Best wishes to you all! :-)

Replies

• dearprudence1964
    dearprudence1964 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya, girl!!! Joining the gym was an important first step for me - and joining MFP was one of the most exciting things I've done for myself in a long time. Making positive changes feels incredible, and I think MFP is such a great tool because it gives you so much motivation that might otherwise be missing. My husband is great, but he doesn't really care if I'm under my calorie goal. MFP, on the other hand, does. So congrats on taking the first step, and good luck! You are going to love it!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    i suggest you don't diet!!!! you just need a lifestyle change which is to say that you will eat healthier foods in the correct portions and exercise and drink water. the word "diet" refers to what you eat and there are many different kinds of diets such as fast food diets, veggie diets, meat & potatoes diet, etc, etc. etc. Just eat normal food that is low fat, lots of protein, lots of fiber, no refined sugar, etc, etc,etc.

you will stop the "yo-yo" effect if you change your lifestyle.

wecome to the family and good luck on your journey.
  • kascott10
    Options
    Me too! I want to make it work for me this time! Struggling, but motivated. Thinking of you! go girl!:flowerforyou:
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Yoyo is my middle name. This time it's just Yo. :bigsmile:
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The life change realization is important. I would encourage you to search these message boards for all kinds of ideas with new food, exercise help and so much more. Sent a friend request. Good luck, you can make the change!
  • sleeplessincologne
    sleeplessincologne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! This is what I call a warm welcome! :-)