It's lunch time, what have you got ?

Options
124»

Replies

• forgiven4life
    Options
    I had a southwest chargrilled chicken salad from Chick-fil-a. With 1/2 packet ranch and a packet of buffalo sauce for the dressing. Terrible on sodium but oh-so-yummy and fills me up for hours.
  • wyheel
    wyheel Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm a bit of an Asian food fan, so my normal lunch is a noodle bowl...
    roughly 1 cup of Napa cabbage, 1/2 a leek, couple baby yellow/red bell peppers, 1/2 a cup of sliced hothouse cucumber,
    5-7 Thai peppers (yeah, I like SPICY too!), and generally 1/2 cup of either roasted chicken or canned salmon.
    Plus 2 wheat noodle buns. Generally totals out around 600 calories, I boil the noodles in 4 cups of a flavored broth, so it really fills me up, too!
    I vary the ingredients every now and then so I don't get bored.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Today's lunch was:

Kale and Bean Soup (homemade)
    6 baby carrots
    Yogurt salad dressing for dipping
    1- Medium Granny Smith Apple
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    1 Black Forest Ham Sandwich w/ 1 Tbsp of Light Mayo and 1 Tbsp of Mustard
    1 cup of Trader Joe's Organic Roasted Pepper Soup
    1 Cara Cara Orange
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    1 New York Bakery & Co. Bagel toasted, with a spread of extra light mayo, 1 slice of white chedder cheese and 1 slice ham.

I hadn't had it before so said id give it a try... Couldn't believe how nice it was! :love:
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Tofurkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, organic cheese, avocado, tomato, cucumber and mustard:) So simple but so delicious and filling!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I had an awful chef's salad...well part of it. And 1/2 cup peaches.

I'm so hungry!
  • aalexander0607
    aalexander0607 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I sorta had a double lunch...Before my 11 class I had a

Wheat bagel thin with Veggie Smear from Einstein's

That veggie smear is freaking delish! And not that bad in calories!

and after my 11 class I had

nachos with
    black beans
    pinto beans
    grilled peppers and onions
    lettuce
    tomato
    guacamole
    and SALSA

Although I have a lot of temptation being on a college campus all the time, It is possible to eat reasonable! BTW everyone's lunches sound SOOOO good! Thanks everyone for the lovely ideas!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    A turkey burger with colby jack cheese turkey bacon,an artichoke and cheesy cauliflower
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    About a cup of leftover turkey chili for me. Having a Dannon Light and Fit peach Yogurt in a few and a Clif Bar while leaving work to fuel my workout tonight!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I had a sandwhich on a honey wheat sandwhich thin which consisted of Di Lusso Mesquite honey turkey (3 slices), 1 tbsp hot and sweet Ingelhoffer mustard, about 1/4 spinach, 1 slice of sharp cheddar cheese. Also an apple and 3 oz of Athenos yogurt with 1 tsp sugar free, fat free cheesecake flavor instant jello pudding mix. And 3 cups of water for my beverage. Yummy and only about 400 calories.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I forgot about this today but ...

I had 2 cans of tuna with red onion, and lots of chopped celery with 3 table spoons of fat free mayo. No bread.