HIIT calories burned for me

Options
My High Intensity Interval Training is probably laughable but it's giving me energy and it's a start. I wonder if anyone could help me calculate my calories lost. I think I'm supposed to use my heart rate but I don't know how to calculate anything from that. I tried searching the internet but the numbers are all over the place. I warmed up on the tread mill for 5 minutes at a 3 mph walk then I ran for a minute at about 4 mph ( I know don't laugh at me!!) and walked for 3 minutes ran 1 only 4 cycles. I cooled down for 3 minutes and did my lower body strength training. I feel great but I can't log in the HIIT without calories.

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would just log time walked (maybe 3.5mph) - the difference is negligible and it is better to be on the low side so you don't overeat!
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    Had to put it in as 3 mph walk because there is no 3.5. Says I burned 88 calories. That is so discouraging! but you're right about overeating...
  • ErinCay
    ErinCay Posts: 3
    Options
    really? i see a 3.5, under walking. I agree, when doing all different speeds, I just keep track of the time, and distance (if you are on a treadmill) then divide it.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Do you know what your average HR was during your exercise?