Mirrors are my nemesis!!

missvics
missvics Posts: 112
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
So...I was at the gym today doing a yoga class. I've been feeling pretty good about myself. I started yoga a few months ago and I'm enjoying it. I'm proud of myself for being able to get into poses that I couldn't do when I was heavier. Before I joined MFP I lost about 10lbs on my own, and now since joining another 6lbs. Then today....during yoga I usually place myself away from a mirror, but not this time. Today I had to see myself in 2 mirrors from different angles!! It's was really disheartening. I felt like a beached whale!!! Ugh!!!
Oh well....I'll keep my chins up and move forward, just wondering if anyone else has had this lovely experience?

Replies

• Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    I had that problem... I stopped wearing my glasses to yoga, lol!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I hate mirrors and love that CrossFit doesn't have any!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    I had that problem... I stopped wearing my glasses to yoga, lol!

Me too. I don't wear my glasses in class, and in fact, for some poses that I know really well, I concentrate so hard on what I'm doing that I often have my eyes shut all together.

Besides, if you looked at the others in the mirror with as critical an eye as you look at yourself, you'd probably find that everyone else looks pretty much the same.
This discussion has been closed.