Buffalo chicken wrap(under 400 cals baby!)

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 24 in Recipes
Mission Original Wrap - 210 calories
Perdue Original carved chicken strips - 1/2 cup 90 Calories
Franks Buffalo Sauce- 1tbsp 0 calories
Wishbone fat free blue cheese- 1tbsp 15 calories

pretty much put it in the wrap and wrap it up! yums!

Replies

• SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    humm... sounds yummy, except the blue cheese, maybe I could switch it out with some feta...
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I actually just tossed out a bottle of Franks yesterday, you must hate me! It was free, a promotional item but still....I actually really don't like the taste of Franks, if anyone else had a buffalo sauce they use compared to bbq sauce or sriracha sauce (which i love but its a heat thing, you can't cover chicken in it, 1/2 tsp is enough for an entire stir-fry).

Ohhhh and low-cal ranch dressing instead, I'm a cheese-hater. Wow, my intention really was to support your yummy lunch, sorry If I came off as a Debbie-Downer all anti sauces, lol!

Thanks for sharing!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member

Ohhhh and low-cal ranch dressing instead, I'm a cheese-hater.

A Cheese hater? How is such a thing possible?! The Franks I can forgive but hating cheese is just unpardonable :laugh:

In all seriousness, it sounds tasty.

I also really like to mix light ranch and bbq sauce- (and I usually use about 1/2 a mission wrap for my foods)
  • try mixing your sirachi (sp?) with soy sauce, it's yummy, even on grilled tofu!
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    kinda sounds like my lunch today

i had a wheat tortilla with 2.5 oz chicken a cup of spinich and about 1/2 cup of romaine hearts I spread a laughing cow cheese on the tortilla first then assembled it. for desert i had a jello decadence dark chocolate mouse.
    lunch calories 280.
  • relaws
    relaws Posts: 25 Member
    that's sounds yum-o! i may have to do that for dinner tonight!!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    How much sodium? Most processed meats are full of it and the sauce probably has a lot of it too. That would keep me from eating it.

But I love buffalo and blue cheese ANYTHING!!!
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Putting these things on my grocery list! Yummy!!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    I love buffalo chicken wraps and your recipe sounds yummy! If you want to cut the calories down a bit further, I have a great recipe that comes in at 199 calories!!

I use LaTortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Low Carb High Fiber tortillas. They are yummy and only 80 calories each. Give them a try and save yourself 130 calories!!

Boar's head homestyle deli chicken breast 2 oz.(60 calories).

Kens Buffalo Wing Sauce Marinade 1 tbsp (20 calories) and Marie's Lite and Chunky Blue Cheese 1 tbsp. 35 calories)!

Toss some chopped Romaine lettuce in there about 1/2 cup (approx. 4 calories) , roll it up!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member

Ohhhh and low-cal ranch dressing instead, I'm a cheese-hater.

A Cheese hater? How is such a thing possible?! The Franks I can forgive but hating cheese is just unpardonable :laugh:

Oily, gooie hardly a food-like product, fatty etc… it’s really easy to hate. Luckily hubby dislikes it too. Just bought my 1 block of hard cheese a year the other day, about 2 tbsp's worth for an entire pizza is palatable but it’s used more so as the glue to keep all the veggies together.

I realize this opinion is in the minority but I do find it odd why so many people like such goopie processed stuff. To each their own I suppose.
  • Melika80
    Melika80 Posts: 3
    I pretty much make the same thing except I use smaller shells and the chicken I use is from a can (sounds gross, but tastes good and only 60 cals per serving).
    How awesome is Wishbone's light blue cheese dressing?! Soo good!
    Also if you put some creamcheese and pop this in the oven for 20 mins, it makes a great buffalo dip!
This discussion has been closed.