Taco Soup

Options
Dippydog
Dippydog Posts: 154
I got a version of this recipe on MFP and I soooo love it. If you break it out into 1 cup servings you can get 10 servings out of this and only 237 calories each.

Ingredients:
1 small onion chopped
1 lb ground turkey
1 can corn
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 packet ranch mix
1 packet taco seasoning
3 cans diced tomatoes

Directions:
Brown the meat and onions. Drain. Mix in the ranch mix and taco seasoning. In a large pot, put all other ingredients and then mix in the meat and onions. Simmer for 1 hour. Serve.

Info per serving:
Cal: 237
Carbs: 27
Fat: 9
Protien: 15
Sodium: 864
Fiber: 9

Soooooo yummy and filling.:wink:

Replies

• MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You can also save yourself from overdoing it on sodium by using dry beans too. It just may take a some planning ahead!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    this is a staple soup for us in the late summer. we don't eat meat, so we're able to cut the fat/cals consideerably for a big fat bowl, but then usually make up for it in sour cream & cheese.

this soup is so versatile, you can literally put anything you want in it. one thing that makes it really shine is a can of cheap beer.

we use mushrooms instead of meat.

one time we served it with little bags of fritos which guests used as a bowl. we call it "white trash taco soup"

AseZn.png
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I LOVE taco soup! I did change to only using dried beans as one serving can easily put you over the sodium limit for a day. I also changed it up and use boneless skinless chicken breast instead of ground meat. I cook the chicken in the crockpot over night and then shred it in the morning-add the other ingredients and let it simmer all day. Ready to go when I get home!
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    Great idea
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, think I'll make this next weekend!