Chobani Greek Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• kmac420
    kmac420 Posts: 24
    Options
    love chobani. although, i think yall have more access to flavors than i do! I usually mix in 1/8c. granola with 1/8c. of pumpkin seeds :)
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i eat chobani greek yogurt because I bodybuild and its an excellent source of quality protein. They have the flavored kinds. The plain has the highest amount of protein..i think like 18 grams. and vanilla is like 16 i think. most are around 14 grams. I cant stand the plain myself, but i have put homemade granola in it, but then that ups the calories a lot.
  • mrbunzey
    mrbunzey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I highly reccomend using Goat milk yogurt. It will not be thick like Greek style yogurt as that has ben filtered to remove the whey from it. It is very tastey though and very healthy. I avoid anything from a cow really. Yogurt can be used many ways. I enjoy using it on my oatmeal with some blueberrys, cinnamon, chopped walnuts and ground flax seed. Use a little raw honey if you need sweetness. It also makes a great desert. Try a 1/4 cup of goat yogurt with an equal amount of berries, like sliced straberries, some honey and chopped nuts again. Great snack!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    You are just use to your old yogurt. Sour cream was my first impression too. Back off the regular stuff and give Chobani a few days. Soon you'll think it tastes normal.
  • irongate
    irongate Posts: 13
    Options
    I use the plain yogurt and add some frozen strawberries to it plus a packet of truvia. I am not a yogurt fan but I love it this way and eat it a few times a week.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you - I love the Athenos greek strained yogurt (especially HONEY) it is delish!!!
    There have different flavors Blueberry, Honey, Peach, Strawberry so far...

I purchase it at walmart 1.00 each or when it is on sale at my local supermarket.

Enjoy!!!
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I disliked Chobani when I tried it. I much prefer the Greek Gods and Fage brands. I'd suggest just trying some of the other brands out there before giving up on greek yogurt entirely.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I mix 2 parts honey-flavored traditional (Zoi brand) Greek yogurt with 1 part Fage Total 0 non-fat (which I CAN'T eat plain!) and the result is really good tasting and lowers the carb and calorie content a bit. I had it with fresh blueberries the other day, and it was as satisfying as ice cream.

Thanks for the advice about the Fage yogurt! I tried that about a week ago and gagged! I heard it was really good, like a sweet dessert, but I couldn't stand it. I think I will try mixing it, and maybe I will like that, Thanks!
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    The creamy pudding-like thickness is the part I like best about Greek yogurt! It's my new "dessert".

Me too!! I have a new obsession with it!!
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh you must try the ones with the fruit! The fruit cuts the sour taste! YUM!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I like to have dannon's greek plain nonfat yogurt with a 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries. (120 calories and 15g protein)

As long as you have fresh blueberries in every bite, it is sweet, sour and super TASTY!
  • unicorn19girl
    unicorn19girl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I add 1/4 cup of fiber one regular cereal and cinnamon. Sweet, crunchy, with a little kick. Try that. Plus it's a great way to get protein and fiber.